Gov Nyesom Wike
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike says he has utilized the mandate given to him by Rivers people to provide basic infrastructure for them.
He also stated that he is proud to be contributing his quota to the development of the State.
Governor Wike stated this while speaking to journalists after inspecting the Rebisi, GRA, Rumuola and Rumuogba flyover bridges and ongoing road construction work in Port Harcourt and Obio/Akpor Local Government Areas of the State.
He stated that through passion and commitment he has judiciously utilized scarce resources for the development of the State.
“It is not the amount of resources you get that determines the kind of projects you carry out for your people.
“It is your commitment, your passion for the development of your people. If you have very good resources and you don’t have the passion and commitment, resources cannot be utilized for the good of the people.
“If you have the passion and commitment as we do, even the little resources that we have, will be judiciously used for the development of our State,” he said.
Governor Wike expressed happiness with the speed at which the various flyover bridges are advancing, emphasizing that the Rebisi flyover would be completed by December this year while the Rumuogba and Okoro-Nu-Odo flyovers would be completed by February, 2021.
He described the Rebisi flyover as an engineering masterpiece and commended Julius Berger for delivering a quality project.
“I am indeed proud that I am able to contribute my own little quota to the development of our State.
“I have not abused the mandate given to me by Rivers people and I have also not disappointed them,” he stated.
On the outcome of the negotiation with Organised Labour, Governor Wike expressed satisfaction that all contending issues were amicably resolved during the meeting.
He said that the Opposition Parties and those who thought the State would be plunged into crisis were disappointed.
“All the issues were mere understandings and now that they have understood our position, they said they have to suspend the protest.
“So for me, I am happy that there was nothing like conflict At the end of the day, those of them who were thinking that Rivers State will be shut down were highly disappointed, ” he added.
Also speaking, the Project Manager, Julius Berger Nigeria Plc, Port Harcourt, Mr. Finn Drosdowsky thanked the State Government for entrusting the projects to them and assured that the various flyovers would be completed on schedule.
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- First Bank Recruitment 2020 for Service Executive Conversion Programme
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2020 For Graduates
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources Recruitment 2020
- Benue State Recruitment 2020 for World Bank Assisted Project
- Nigerian Army 2020 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (80RRI)
- Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2020
- Massive Recruitment in a Newly Licensed Regional Commercial Bank (74 Positions) – Nextzon Business Services Limited
- Nigerian Air Force Hospital 2020/2021 Housemanship / Internship Recruitment
- Nigeria Maritime University (NMU) Academic and Non-Academic Job Recruitment (38 Positions)
- Jobs in Nigeria for Academic Staff at American University of Nigeri
- Nigerian Army Nationwide DSSC & SSC Massive Recruitment (27 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Hospitals Graduate House Officers & Interns 2020 Recruitment
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
TOP TRENDING POST
MOST POPULAR JOBS
- Waec timtable august 17th
- My schoolgist waec time table 2020
- Boost sex buy boiling the pawpaw leave and the gwava
- Waec 17th august 2020 time table
- Recent waec 2020 timetable for 17th august
- 17 august 2020 weac timetable
- Waec time table starting 17th august 2020
- Waec timetable 2020 for august 17
- Wassce examination timtable 17august 2020
- Weac timetable for 17th august