Overwhelmed by the outpouring of criticism and condemnation that followed his questioning of former Vice President Atiku Abubakar’s citizenship in a court of law, Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, SAN, has denied ever taking legal action on Atiku’s citizenship.
Table of Contents
- 0.1 READ ALSO : Atiku Abubakar Is Not Qualified to Run for President Because He’s Not a Nigerian By Birth – AGF, Abubakar Malami Tells Court
- 0.2 READ ALSO : Woman Who Tattooed Tinubu’s Face on Her Body Cries For Help After Her Husband did This to Her ( Video )
- 0.3 READ ALSO : How Ex-IGP Adamu Paid Over N2 Billion For Tenure Extension But Got Sacked After 2 Months
- 0.4 READ ALSO : Nigerian Soldier Resigns Amidst Starvation, Maltreatment In Borno – Source Reveals
- 1 Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
READ ALSO : Atiku Abubakar Is Not Qualified to Run for President Because He’s Not a Nigerian By Birth – AGF, Abubakar Malami Tells Court
Dr. Umar Jibirilu Gwandu, Malami’s Special Assistant on Media and Public Relations, issued the denial in a statement made available to our correspondent in Abuja on Wednesday.
READ ALSO : Woman Who Tattooed Tinubu’s Face on Her Body Cries For Help After Her Husband did This to Her ( Video )
“The Honorable Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, SAN, has never filed any case in any court in the country challenging the citizenship of the former Vice President Atiku Abubakar,” the denial read in part.
“The case in question was filed by a Civil Society Organization, the Incorporated Trustees of Egalitarian Mission for Africa, in suit no: FHC/ABJ/CS/177/2019, in which Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), and the Office of the Honourable Attorney General of the Federation were named as defendants.
READ ALSO : How Ex-IGP Adamu Paid Over N2 Billion For Tenure Extension But Got Sacked After 2 Months
“Since April 2019, the issue has been widely reported in the media. Stale news stories that can cause confusion are unfortunately repackaged and presented to the general public as current news.
Malami claimed in his response to the federal high court suit filed in 2019 that Atiku was ineligible to run for President of Nigeria because he was not a Nigerian citizen.
His affidavit in support of the lawsuit includes graphic historical details about Atiku’s father, grandfather, and great grandfather, all of whom were not Nigerians.
The All Progressive Congress APC took the same position in its response to Atiku’s petition challenging President Muhammadu Buhari’s re-election to a second term at the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal.
To counter Atiku’s petition, the APC filed an affidavit on its behalf by a legal luminary, Prince Lateef Fagbemi SAN, which stated that Atiku was not qualified for the 2019 Presidential election because he is a Cameroonian and not a Nigerian citizen by birth.
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- United Capital Group Plc (UCAP) Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Dunn and Braxton Limited Massive Recruitment for Bancassurance Executives
- Vitafoam Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for SSCE & Graduates
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021 Portal Is Now Open