The Nigerian Senate has exposed the failure of Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) to remit about 2 trillion naira into federal government coffers.
This revelation was made Wednesday, by the Senate Committee on Public Accounts led by Senator Mathew Urhoghide (Edo South).
Briefing National Assembly Reporters after Wednesday's plenary session, Senator Urhoghide said, information from the Office of the Auditor-General of the Federation shows that all Federal Government Statutory Corporations, Commissions, Authorities and Agencies are not up to date with the submission of their annual accounts.
The Public Accounts Committee has also threatened that it would soon commence the publication of defaulting agencies using the mass media.
"Information from the Office of the Auditor-General of the Federation shows that all Federal Governments Satutory Corporations, Commissions, Authorities and Agencies are not up-to-date with the submission of their annual accounts and audited reports to the Office of the Auditor-General of the Federation as specified by section 85 (3) of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
"They have therefore violated the provisions of Section 85 (3) of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria", the committee said.
To ensure compliance of the constitution and extant laws guiding the agemcies, the Senate Committee also threatened to carry out several actions, including suspension of approval of the budget of defaulting agencies.
"This committee will ensure that all parastatals comply with the constitutional provision of submission of their annual reports and audited accounts to the Office of the Auditor-General of the Federation promptly.
"Infact the Committee has concluded plans to publish their names in the mass media, from now on, appropriate sanctions shall be applied, the Committee will further recommend to the Senate to suspend approval of the budget of the defaulting agencies until they comply", the Committee told Journalists.
To demonstrate the commitment of the red chamber to ensuring that revenues are promptly remitted by MDAs, the Public Accounts Committee, according to Senator Urhoghide, is working towards passing necessary bills to strengthen the constitutional powers of the Office of the Auditor General of the Federation.
He said "Efforts are on to conclude legislative work and give speedy consideration and passage to the Federal Audit Service Commission Bill referred to it by the Senate for further legislative action.
"The Committee is quite aware of the daunting challenges facing the Office and will ensure that this bill is given the desired attention for it to be passed.
"The Intention of the committee is to conclude work on the Bill before the end of December this year.
"Currently, the law governing the Office is the Audit Ordinance Act 1958, a law obviously overdue for review".
QUICK SEARCH FOR JOBS IN YOUR FIELD
- Soyin Caution Buhari government over use of security agencies to silence Nigerians
- Fraud : FG Parastatal paid rent on own land for 50 years
- Good news : Nigeria, Germany to partner on mechanised farming
- Boko Haram burns down 73 houses in Borno
- 15years, fakes her kidnap in Enugu to be with her boyfriend in Owerri
DON’T GIVE UP HUNTING FOR JOB
HOT JOBS, RECOMMEND FOR YOU
- Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) Latest Recruitment 2019
- Mass Recruitment at The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), 21st August 2019
- A Reputable Construction Company in Northern Nigeria : Ongoing recruitment ( 5 states )
- NIGERIA SECURITY AND CIVIL DEFENCE CORPS 2019 Massive Recruitment
- National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) Recruitment 2019
- Dangote Cement Plc, Recruitment 8th August 2019
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2019: Latest Vacancies ( 4 Slots )
- IROKO TV Partners Limited massive recruitment for Outbound Telesales Agents (500 slots )
- Edo State Government 2019 Apprenticeship Programme
- Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) recruitment for Observers in Kogi and Bayelsa States, August 2019
- Kaduna State Government 2019 Massive Recruitment for Entry-level & Exp
- Entry Level Bank Tellers recruitment in a Reputable Bank in Lagos, August 2019
- Entry Level Recruitment at UBA Bank, 1st August, 2019
- Ongoing Recruitment For Customer Service Representatives In A Renowned Commercial Bank ( Nationwide )
- Massive Recruitment at Titan Trust Bank Limited, (18 Positions )
- Julius Berger Nigeria Plc : Latest Recruitment
- First Bank of Nigeria 2019 Recruitment for 19th, July 2019 [ 8 Position ]
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOBS
JOBS BY CATEGORIES
- Abia State 11
- ABUJA FCT 38
- Adamawa State 18
- Akwa Ibom State 14
- Anambra State 12
- Apprenticeship training 3
- Banking Industry 29
- Bauchi State 9
- Bayelsa State 11
- Benue State 10
- Borno State 18
- Career Tips 7
- Construction Company 9
- Contract Job 6
- Cross River State 13
- Delta State 12
- Ebonyi State 12
- Edo State 16
- Ekiti State 11
- Engineering Jobs 15
- Entry-level Jobs 229
- Enugu State 9
- Featured 14
- FEDERAL GOVERNMENT RECRUITMENT IN NIGERIA 2
- Full time jobs 1071
- Gombe State 11
- Google AdSense know how 6
- Hotel Management/hospitality company 4
- HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE 1
- Imo State 9
- Internship Jobs 36
- Jigawa State 8
- JOB FOR SSCE 64
- Jobs and Recruitment 1566
- Jobs for LEGAL/Law 6
- Jobs in Education 10
- JOBS IN NORTHERN NIGERIA 127
- JOBS IN SOUTH EAST 94
- JOBS IN SOUTH SOUTH 137
- JOBS IN SOUTH WEST 294
- Jos 7
- Kaduna State 15
- Kano State 11
- Katsina State 9
- Kebbi State 10
- Kogi State 11
- Kwara State 13
- Lagos State 168
- Management and Logistics Company 7
- Manager jobs 7
- Manufacturing Industry 8
- Marketing Jobs 2
- Medical /Health 13
- MSC/MS / PHD 52
- Nasarawa State 8
- NCE/OND/HND/BSC 1166
- NGO / Community Services 2
- Nigeria Election 2
- Ogun State 17
- Oil and Gas Company 27
- Ondo State 12
- Osun State 10
- Oyo State 15
- Part Time Jobs 8
- PASS QUESTIONS 1
- Plateau 7
- Rivers State 29
- SCHOLARSHIP Jobs 6
- Sokoto State 9
- Taraba State 10
- Yobe State 9
- Zamfara State 9