The House of Representatives has approved a loan request submitted by President Muhammadu Buhari without seeing the terms and conditions of the loan.
The green chamber had agreed with the senate, which had approved the government’s request for a $1.5 billion and €995 million loan to fund key priority projects last week.
The loan was approved by the green chamber after the Committee on Supply considered the report of the House committee on supports, loans, and grants.
In May 2020, President Muhamadu Buhari wrote to the House of Representatives, seeking their permission to borrow the funds.
After approving the loan, the lawmakers demanded that the executive submit the terms and agreements of the loans to the House.
“That the terms and conditions of each Lender’s loan be forwarded to the National Assembly for proper documentation in the form of properly executed Loan Agreements.”
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- 2021 Graduate Trainees Recruitment in a Manufacturing Company ( 3 positions )
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021 Portal Is Now Open
- Dunn and Braxton Limited Massive Recruitment for Bancassurance Executives
- Delta State Urban Water Corporation Recruitment For Graduates and SSCE
- United Capital Group Plc (UCAP) Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal