The House of Representatives has approved a loan request submitted by President Muhammadu Buhari without seeing the terms and conditions of the loan.
The green chamber had agreed with the senate, which had approved the government’s request for a $1.5 billion and €995 million loan to fund key priority projects last week.
The loan was approved by the green chamber after the Committee on Supply considered the report of the House committee on supports, loans, and grants.
In May 2020, President Muhamadu Buhari wrote to the House of Representatives, seeking their permission to borrow the funds.
After approving the loan, the lawmakers demanded that the executive submit the terms and agreements of the loans to the House.
“That the terms and conditions of each Lender’s loan be forwarded to the National Assembly for proper documentation in the form of properly executed Loan Agreements.”
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications