How I Was Attacked By Thugs • Rochas Okorocha Breaking News • Rochas Okorocha current news • Rochas Okorocha latest news
Table of Contents
- 0.1 Former governor of Imo state, Rochas Okorocha, has alleged that police officers watched on as thugs cut his “boys” with machetes during a clash in Imo state.
- 0.2 READ ALSO : BREAKING: NAF Releases Names Of Officers Killed In Abuja Crash
- 0.3 READ ALSO : Rochas Okorocha Invited For Questioning Over Imo Hotel, Not Arrest – Police
- 0.4 READ ALSO : Panic As Delta Govt Gives 10-Day Ultimatum To Owners Of Shops, Buildings Under High Tension To Relocate
- 0.5 He said:
- 1 Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
Former governor of Imo state, Rochas Okorocha, has alleged that police officers watched on as thugs cut his “boys” with machetes during a clash in Imo state.
The senator said that after his orderlies “rushed me to a room and locked me up,” he managed to avoid the suspected assault on Sunday.
Not long after gaining entry to the property by intimidation, masked police officers arrived to escort him away.
As the scene unfolded, supporters of Okorocha clashed with those of Hope Uzodinma, the governor of the state, with whom he had been at loggerheads for some time.
READ ALSO : Panic As Delta Govt Gives 10-Day Ultimatum To Owners Of Shops, Buildings Under High Tension To Relocate
The senator said he “can not even imagine” what happened to him during the conference, speaking during a recorded audio interview played on TV channels.
“I came back from an occasion and proceeded to Royal Palm Hotel to enquire what actually happened. On getting there, I saw a lot of thugs. They started molesting, cutting my boys, shooting. But the police were there too, and they did nothing and said nothing.
“They were macheting… my orderlies rushed me to a room and locked me up. Those boys had teargas, police also were throwing teargas. As they were advancing, the police were backing them up; and they were coming and were shooting.
“I enquired and they said it is the government house police. And I asked, is this with the directive of the IG or the CP? Can the governor actually use government house police to do what he is doing?
“They kept me in a room for some time and all my boys got injured. Right now, my in-law was shot and his legs have been scattered.”
Rochas Okorocha Breaking News • Rochas Okorocha current news • Rochas Okorocha latest news
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021 Portal Is Now Open
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for SSCE & Graduates
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- United Capital Group Plc (UCAP) Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Delta State Urban Water Corporation Recruitment For Graduates and SSCE