At least Three firemen of the Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service were injured and a fire engine of the Agency damaged by unidentified hoodlums, who attacked the officials in the course of their duty on Sunday, November 29.
ALSO READ : Zabarmari Massacre: Governors Question Buhari Security Architecture after 43 Farmers were killed by Boko Haram Insurgents
The Acting Head of the Agency, Mrs Margaret Adeseye, who confirmed the incident, expressed displeasure over the constant attacks on firefighters in recent times for yet to be identified reasons.
She recalled that the attack on the firefighters and the engine occurred after the hoodlums prevented officials from attending to a fire incident at Nmani Street, Dopemu Agege, in Orile Agege LCDA, Lagos.
Adeseye said that three firemen from a crew of four were injured and the Agency’s vehicle, Agege Fire Eagle C07, damaged by the hoodlums after preventing the personnel from performing their official duties.
The Fire Service boss explained that it took the intervention of a team of policemen from Alabo Police Division, led by Supol Bako Muhammed before normalcy was restored at the fire scene.
She stated that the injured officers were treated at Agege General Hospital. At the same time, investigations about the incident are on-going to effect the arrest of culprits and ascertain the cause of the attack.
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- Job for Depot Assistant in an Oil and Gas Company based in Port Harcourt
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for SSCE & Graduates
- Delta State Urban Water Corporation Recruitment For Graduates and SSCE
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021 Portal Is Now Open
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- 2021 Graduate Trainees Recruitment in a Manufacturing Company ( 3 positions )