A one-time Director of the Department of State Services, Mike Ejiofor, has accused Katsina State Governor, Aminu Masari and his Zamfara counterpart, Bello Matawalle of laying the foundation for kidnapping.
Ejiofor explained that both Masari and Matawalle laid the foundation for kidnapping in their states by negotiating with bandits.
He spoke while appearing on Channels Television’s programme, Sunrise Daily.
The former DSS Director noted that government should strengthen security structure, rather than negotiate with bandits.
According to Ejiofor: “The state governments –both Zamfara and Katsina States –mistakenly laid the foundation for what is going on now; they started negotiation with the bandits who were not even ready to give up on their activities and this is what we are witnessing now.
“Even this Kankara incident, the governor came out to say they are negotiating, that is unacceptable. And you give these people the boldness and courage to continue to perpetrate this act.”
Ejiofor charged the federal government to “take decisive actions” against bandits operating in the North-West.
He stressed that money made from kidnapping and banditry are used in buying arms to further terrorize the country.
Recall that Matawalle had said the abducted students of the Government Science Secondary School, Kankara were released through the help of repentant bandit
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Breaking News, Today News in Nigeria, Nigeria Newspaper Today, Todays Nigeria News, Latestnewsinnigeria, Naijagist, Naijaplanet , Naija News , Latest Nigerian News, Latest News in Nigeria, Nigeria News Now, News in Nigeria Today
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)