Gov. Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State has revealed that he washed dead bodies as a youth to pay his tuition fees while schooling abroad.
Ajimobi disclosed this at a South-West Youths Regional Summit on Tuesday in Osogbo.
The governor, while urging the youth to have a positive mindset toward hard work, said his parents only sent him 30 dollars all through his stay abroad.
Ajimobi said “I left Nigeria in 1963 to study abroad, but throughout my stay there, I was washing dead bodies to support myself to go to school.
“When ever I got home from work, I will be weeping, remembering the number of dead bodies I washed.
“My boss at work then said I should not be afraid or fear, adding that such feeling is normal for first comers.
“He encouraged me to always see those dead bodies as iced fish.
“But against all odds, I survived and that is why I am urging youths to see hard work as the only way to success.
“I am saying this to challenge the youth of our next generation not to give up.
“This is our chance as youths and as Yorubas to come together to chart a successful pathway for the country.’’
Ajimobi, however, urged Yoruba leaders and governors to unite for the progress of the Yoruba race.
Nigeria Youths Rise and Take Your Place
- 2021 Management Trainee Recruitment at 3P Solutions & Company
- Graduate Job Recruitment at Haventis Drugs Limited
- First Bank Nigeria 2021 Massive Recruitment
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria ( January )
- Nigeria Police Force, NPF Microfinance Bank Plc Recruitment 2021
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 (28 Positions)
- Franchise Governance Officer at Citibank Nigeria Limited
- Transaction Trainees Needed in a Reputable Bank in Nigeria
- Jobs In Nigeria at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
- Akwa Ibom State Teachers Recruitment 2021 ( Massive Recruitment of 10, 000 Graduates )
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to [email protected]