As many as eight miners have been killed in Plateau State.
They were killed following an attack by gunmen in Kuru, Jos south LGA of Plateau state.
The gunmen were said to have attacked the site on Friday night and opened fire on the workers, killing eight persons while several others sustained injuries.
Simon Lalong, governor of Plateau, confirmed the incident on Saturday.
In a statement issued by Makut Macham, Plateau director of press and public affairs, the governor described the killing as an attempt by criminals to destabilise the state and create fear among the people.
He added that his administration will not condone attacks on innocent citizens.
Lalong advised residents to assist law enforcement agencies with useful information through the traditional institutions, vigilante groups and other associations in ensuring that the peace is maintained in the state.
The governor added that security agencies have been directed to identify and arrest the perpetrators of the crime.
Lalong commiserated with the bereaved families and prayed for the repose of the departed.
The incident comes days after gunmen attacked the Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) staff quarters in Barkin Ladi, Plateau state.
The attack, which occurred on March 25, led to the abduction of two workers of the Nigeria Meteorological Agency (NMA).
Google Search Terms
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Chapel Hill Denham Management Development Programme 2021
- Lagos State Teacher Recruitment Form 2021 is out
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc 2021 Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021