The claims that Chinedu Obidigwe, a Nigerian lawmaker, was arrested by the police for illegally possessing firearms have been debunked.
Honourable Obidigwe stated that he is not under police custody and that he is far too knowledgeable about the law to be involved in such crimes.
Members of the House of Representatives have threatened that those who spread fake news will be prosecuted as soon as possible.
Honourable Chinedu Obidigwe, a member of the House of Representatives who represents Anambra East and West, has responded to claims that he was arrested for gunrunning by the police.
Obidigwe’s convoy was intercepted by a combined team of policemen and soldiers on Sunday, October 24, according to some online local newspapers.
Read Also : Breaking: UN Issues Strong Warning to Nigeria, Kenya over Nnamdi Kanu ’s arrest, alleged torture
According to the shady publications, those accompanying the lawmaker had 54 Ak-47 rifles, 119 Pump Action rifles, and other ammunition with them.
Obidigwe, on the other hand, called such reports “fake news, very false, and criminal in nature.” in a video posted on his Facebook page on Monday, October 25.
Watch Video Here
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- INEC Recruitment for Observers