The Federal Government says the School Feeding Programme will continue despite the closure of schools nationwide in order not to neglect malnourished children.
Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Sadiya Farouq, disclosed this while responding to questions at the national briefing of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 in Abuja on Tuesday.
According to the Minister, modalities on how free food will be distributed to children in 3million households are currently being developed and will be implemented soon.
PAY ATTENTION TO : Councillor Disappears With 30 Bags Of Rice, Beans, Millet
“On the issue of malnourished children, Mr President has directed that we should continue with the Home Grown School Feeding Programme without compromising the objectives of the programme.
“We are finalising modalities to distribute food vouchers for food of up to three million households. Other modalities once finalised with approval from the President will be prioritised,” she said.
The Minister added that the Federal Government has secured support the World Food and has adopted door-to-door voucher distribution.
The school feeding programme was introduced in 2016 as part of the Social Investment Programme of President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration.
The programme aims to support states to collectively feed over 24 million school children, which will make it the largest school feeding programme of its kind in Africa.
Source : Channelstv
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Edo State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021
- Dangote Cement Recruitment for Graduate
- Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non-Academic Staff
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to email@example.com
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State