In what will come across as a really horrific development, one person has been confirmed dead after a building which was being demolished around the Ikoku area of Port Harcourt city collapsed.
DAILY POST reports that the victim was a scavenger who was picking some items from the demolished building when the incident occurred.
A pillar was said to have fallen on the victim during the demolition, leading to his death.
Cross River’s operation Akpakwu demolishes alleged criminal hideout as owners protest action
An eyewitness, who narrated the incident said “the building was being demolished by a particular company and this corpse you are seeing here was among the youths who were picking the irons but suddenly one of the pillars fell on him and he lost his life”
At the time of this report, the corpse was still lying at the scene of the incident and security operatives were yet to arrive at the scene.
Google Search Terms
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)