It seems to hope for the security of life in Nigeria is becoming a reality.
A bill for an act to establish State Police in Nigeria, to ensure effective community policing has passed its second reading in the Senate.
The bill was sponsored by Senator Bashiru Surajudeen Ajibola representing Osun Central Senatorial district.
The sponsor is seeking to alter the provisions of the 1999 Constitution as amended to reflect a provision for the creation of State Police.
“A bill for an Act to alter the provisions of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 to provide for the establishment of State Police and to ensure effective community policing in Nigeria and for other related matters.” Surajudeen Ajibola read
However, the bill went through the second reading despite the fact that the Senate Ad-hoc Committee on Security was yet to submit its report.
The State Police bill was eventually referred to the Constitution Review Committee headed by Deputy President of the Senate for a public hearing before reverting to the red Chambers for third reading
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment at Dangote Refinery for Graduates
- LifeBank Recruitment 2021 (Apply here for free)
- Ebonyi State Ministry of Trade and Investment Job Recruitment Portal – Apply Here
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Entry Level Tellers
- US Embassy Recruitment In Nigeria ( Apply Here for free )
- United Nigeria Airlines Recruitment for Baggage Handler (Entry-level)
- Current Job Openings at First Bank of Nigeria Limited
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for Graduate Internship
- Nigerian Breweries Plc Recruitment for Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager
- Kaduna State Residents Registration Agency (KADSRRA) Massive Recruitment