A bus carrying tomatoes, vegetables, and other food items to Enugu was set ablaze by hoodlums allegedly trying to enforce the suspended IPOB sit-at-home order.
When the vehicle was blocked and set on fire, it was reportedly coming from the Ugwogo end of the Opi/Enugu bypass.
Sympathizers reportedly called the State Fire Service, prompting an immediate response from the Ogui Road fire station.
Despite the low traffic, Enugu did not observe last Monday’s sit-at-home day. However, later that day, a shootout was reported in the Enugu metropolis’ Garki suburb.
According to a Punch correspondent, the shootout on Monday may have forced residents to flee and continue their sit-in today.
The IPOB leadership has stated that the Monday sit-in will end, but some hoodlums insist that it must continue until Nnamdi Kanu is released.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Kaduna State Residents Registration Agency (KADSRRA) Massive Recruitment
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Entry Level Tellers
- LifeBank Recruitment 2021 (Apply here for free)
- Massive Recruitment at Dangote Refinery for Graduates
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for Graduate Internship
- Nigerian Breweries Plc Recruitment for Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager
- Ebonyi State Ministry of Trade and Investment Job Recruitment Portal – Apply Here
- US Embassy Recruitment In Nigeria ( Apply Here for free )
- United Nigeria Airlines Recruitment for Baggage Handler (Entry-level)
- Current Job Openings at First Bank of Nigeria Limited