A lawmaker representing Ankpa, Omala, and Olamaboro Federal Constituency, Hon. Abdullahi Ibrahim Ali Halims has urged Kogites and Nigerians to stay safe.
According to a press statement made available to Ejes Gist, Nigeria, the lawmaker said people could help protect themselves from respiratory illness with everyday preventive actions. Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
The statement thus read;
It is no longer news that the Covid-19 virus is ravaging communities of the world, so we would like to let you know what we know and what you need to do.
What is Corona Virus?
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person.
The virus that causes COVID-19 is a novel coronavirus that was first identified during an investigation into an outbreak in Wuhan, China.
Can people in Nigeria contract COVID-19?
Unfortunately, Yes, the information reaching us from the WHO NIGERIA and NCDC is that we currently have 36 confirmed cases and one death in Nigeria.
How does COVID-19 spread?
The virus is thought to spread mainly between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet) through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
It also may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
Patients with COVID-19 have had mild to severe respiratory illness with symptoms of Fever, Cough, Shortness of breath
Some patients have pneumonia in both lungs, multi-organ failure, and in some cases, death.
How can you protect yourself?
People can help protect themselves from respiratory illness with everyday preventive actions. Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
We know that these are challenging times, but we will go through it and conquer it together.
Hon. Abdullahi Ibrahim Ali Halims,
Federal House of Representatives Representing Ankpa, Omala, Olamaboro
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at 9mobile
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
- WAEC Recruitment 2021 ( West Africa Examination Council, WAEC 2021 Recruitment )
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to email@example.com
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State