The Presidency on Sunday said it was in possession of evidence to prove that some politicians are behind the killings allegedly being carried out by herdsmen in parts of the country. It said the unnamed politicians were using criminals to perpetuate the killings. The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, said this in a statement made available to journalists in Abuja.
Shehu, however, said climate change, especially the drying up of the Chad Basin, has also been compounding the problem. He said the climate change, which he described as an issue of global significance, had led to more pressure on the population in the Northern part of the country. The presidential spokesman however assured stakeholders that the government is determined to continue working hard towards a long-term solution to the problem which he described as historical.
Shehu also appealed to Nigerians and members of the international community to desist from spreading false information and inflammatory statements concerning the issue.
Former Ondo Deputy governor’s daughter found dead in boyfriend‘s room Khadijat
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- INEC Recruitment for Observers