The Presidency on Sunday said it was in possession of evidence to prove that some politicians are behind the killings allegedly being carried out by herdsmen in parts of the country. It said the unnamed politicians were using criminals to perpetuate the killings. The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, said this in a statement made available to journalists in Abuja.
Shehu, however, said climate change, especially the drying up of the Chad Basin, has also been compounding the problem. He said the climate change, which he described as an issue of global significance, had led to more pressure on the population in the Northern part of the country. The presidential spokesman however assured stakeholders that the government is determined to continue working hard towards a long-term solution to the problem which he described as historical.
Shehu also appealed to Nigerians and members of the international community to desist from spreading false information and inflammatory statements concerning the issue.
Former Ondo Deputy governor’s daughter found dead in boyfriend‘s room Khadijat
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2022
- United Nigeria Airlines Recruitment For Graduates
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2021/2022
- FMDQ Holdings Plc Graduate Development Programme 2022
- Asaba Specialist Hospital Massive Job Recruitment for Graduates and Non-Graduate
- Jobs in Nigeria Today at FHON Consulting Limited