According to The PUNCH, an Ekiti State High Court, Ado Ekiti Division, on Thursday sentenced a 25 years old herdsman, Mohamodu Haruna, to death by hanging for killing a fellow herder, one Mohamadu Usman.
The Judge, Justice Adekunle Adeleye, in his verdict found the defendant (now condemned person) guilty of the murder charge that he stood trial for.
Justice Adeleye said, “There are no surrounding circumstances that destroy the cogency of the circumstantial evidence led against the accused.
“He is caught in the web of the last seen theory. In the result, I find the defendant guilty as charged. He is sentenced to death by hanging,” the court said.
During the trial, the prosecutor, Shirley Atanel, had said, “The offence was committed on or about the 12th day of February, 2018 at Odo Uro, Iyin Ekiti, in the Irepodun/Ifelodun Local Government area of Ekiti State, when he murdered one Mohamadu Usman contrary to section 516 of the Criminal code law CAP C16, Laws of Ekiti State, 2012.”
To prove his case, the prosecutor had called four witnesses including the Investigating Police Officer while exhibits tendered included the confessional statements of the defendant, photographs of the deceased butchered neck and a blood stained machete.
An eye witness, who testified before the court during the trial had said in his testimony that he saw two herdsmen with their cows while he was on his motorcycle.
The witness said he later discovered that “one of them was returning a blood stained machete into its sheath and the other one lay face down in the pool of his own blood with machete cut in his neck”.
Lawyer to the defendant, Yinka Opaleke, did not call any witness in the course of the trial.
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Massive Recruitment 2020 at United Nigeria Airlines
- Federal University of Technology Owerri FUTO Recruitment 2020 For Graduates (42 Positions)
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2020 For Graduates
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources Recruitment 2020
- Benue State Recruitment 2020 for World Bank Assisted Project
- Nigerian Army 2020 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (80RRI)
- Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2020
- Massive Recruitment in a Newly Licensed Regional Commercial Bank (74 Positions) – Nextzon Business Services Limited
- Nigerian Air Force Hospital 2020/2021 Housemanship / Internship Recruitment
- Nigeria Maritime University (NMU) Academic and Non-Academic Job Recruitment (38 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Nationwide DSSC & SSC Massive Recruitment (27 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Hospitals Graduate House Officers & Interns 2020 Recruitment
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
TOP TRENDING POST
MOST POPULAR JOBS
- Waec timtable august 17th
- My schoolgist waec time table 2020
- Boost sex buy boiling the pawpaw leave and the gwava
- Waec 17th august 2020 time table
- Recent waec 2020 timetable for 17th august
- 17 august 2020 weac timetable
- Waec time table starting 17th august 2020
- Waec timetable 2020 for august 17
- Wassce examination timtable 17august 2020
- Weac timetable for 17th august