Heavy Tension in Enugu Community AS Soldiers Invade Community for Sacking Herdsmen
After troops from the Nigerian Army raided their towns in the Nkanu East and Nkanu West local government areas of Enugu state, many youths in Ekpoffo and Akpugo have reportedly abandoned their houses.
According to people speaking from their hiding places, the incursion could be linked to the recent sacking of ranchers terrorising the area.
Some speculated that the invasion was prompted by the Presidency’s directive to security services to track out Biafran agitators in the South-East.
According to community sources, soldiers raided Ekpoffo on Wednesday and hauled away some teenagers to unknown places, according to PUNCH.
“At around 7.30 p.m. on Wednesday, over 100 soldiers assaulted the Ekpoffo hamlet in Nkanu East. They scavenged houses as they travelled from place to place. Before descending on the residents, they had blocked main highways leading to the community.
“I have no idea how many people were kidnapped yesterday” (Wednesday). They were seeking for our young people, but many of them had fled, according to the source.
The military, along with police officers and Department of State Services staff, were alleged to have returned on Thursday and closed all access roads to the community.
According to another community source, soldiers also attacked the Ndiagu- Akpugo village and razed some homes.
“They went to the home of a man known as Bebia in Ndiagu-Ugwu-agba Akpugo’s neighbourhood. Because they couldn’t find anyone, the troops set fire to the residence.
“As I speak with you, our young men have fled, and other members of the community are fleeing to the state capital for safety,” he added.
Igwe Christopher Nnamani, the traditional ruler of the Adamagu Akpawfu community, who lives in Enugu, said he got multiple phone calls from his followers informing him of the invasion.
“I’m on my way to my palace; please come so I can see who I’m talking to. I don’t want to talk to someone I haven’t seen on the phone,” he explained.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies