According to a report by Punch Metro, the running fight between a couple in Ladi-Lak, Bariga location of Lagos State, has ended on a tragic note as the hubby, John Onyeme, reportedly beat his spouse to death.
It was discovered that the departed, Esther Onyeme, was a deaconess and proprietress of a nursery and main school in the neighborhood.
Neighbours said John always accused his partner of infidelity and for starving him of sex which typically triggered their disagreements.
It was collected that the couple and their 3 kids lived together on Ayorinde Street, Ladi-Lak, till about 5 months earlier when Esther parked out in the heat of a battle and transferred to a church.
John apparently went to the church on Friday, January 31, 2020, and beat her to a pulp.
She was stated to have actually been admitted to a personal medical facility in the neighborhood where she passed away 3 days after.
A resident of Ayorinde Street, Tope Adeyemo, told The Punch that the lady had on numerous events reported John at the Pedro Police Station covering the area.
Adeyemo said, "He had actually been beating the female for a long period of time and she reported him numerous times at the Pedro Police Station. The woman ran a personal school in the neighborhood. She was responsible and industrious however the male thought she was fornicating around.
" She left him five months earlier when his problem became too much. They have three children together. The eldest among them is 16 years of ages. They are now in their town in the East. It is discouraging."
A neighbour, who spoke on condition of anonymity, specified that he had consistently cautioned John to desist from beating his spouse to no obtain.
" He usually beat her at night. He would chase her around the passage with a knife. I asked him to stop beating her but he stated I should not interfere in their matters gain. I told him he would kill her one day. That was sometime in 2015. Nobody here would state advantage about John.
" He even accused a chemist of sleeping with his better half. He does not look after the children yet he didn't permit the lady to have rest of mind. It was a painful exit due to the fact that the female was hard working. She was the one looking after the family," he stated.
Another neighbour, who wished to be identified as Bola, said Esther developed the school located on Oyeyemi Street, Ladi-Lak, about 5 years ago, adding that it was unfortunate her life was cut brief.
She said, "It is awful. She should remain in her mid-40s. Most times, the other half beat her for denying him sex. Which female would permit an irresponsible male to be having sex with her? She left house about five months earlier when she could no longer bear his problem.
" Some member of the family pled her to come back due to the fact that of the kids and she did. The same day she returned home, the guy beat her. That was when she loaded out of the house. She was diligent. She founded the school about 5 years back. She was even planning to establish another school."
Academic activities were on when City Round visited the school on Wednesday.
The headteacher of the school, who declined to give her name, described Esther as a loving woman, including that they struggled to run the school.
" With God on our side, we are attempting our best to keep the school going. She was a kind female. She looked after the students and instructors and carried everyone along. She remained in school on Friday," she added.
The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, DSP Bala Elkana, said the case had been moved to the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Yaba, for further examination.
He said, "One Apostle Friday Ugorji reported at the police station that around 9am on July 31, one Esther Onyeme, a deaconess in his church, informed him that her estranged hubby, one John Onyeme, beat her to the point of death. The pastor hurried her to hospital for treatment.
" Around 10.30 am on February 3, she gave up the ghost. The corpse has been transferred at the Mainland General Hospital Mortuary for autopsy. The suspect remains in police custody."
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Massive Recruitment 2020 at United Nigeria Airlines
- Federal University of Technology Owerri FUTO Recruitment 2020 For Graduates (42 Positions)
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2020 For Graduates
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources Recruitment 2020
- Benue State Recruitment 2020 for World Bank Assisted Project
- Nigerian Army 2020 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (80RRI)
- Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2020
- Massive Recruitment in a Newly Licensed Regional Commercial Bank (74 Positions) – Nextzon Business Services Limited
- Nigerian Air Force Hospital 2020/2021 Housemanship / Internship Recruitment
- Nigeria Maritime University (NMU) Academic and Non-Academic Job Recruitment (38 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Nationwide DSSC & SSC Massive Recruitment (27 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Hospitals Graduate House Officers & Interns 2020 Recruitment
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
TOP TRENDING POST
MOST POPULAR JOBS
- Waec timtable august 17th
- My schoolgist waec time table 2020
- Boost sex buy boiling the pawpaw leave and the gwava
- Waec 17th august 2020 time table
- Recent waec 2020 timetable for 17th august
- 17 august 2020 weac timetable
- Waec time table starting 17th august 2020
- Waec timetable 2020 for august 17
- Wassce examination timtable 17august 2020
- Weac timetable for 17th august