The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) yesterday seized a truckload of codeine cough syrup (100mg) in Lagos, valued at over N1.17 billion.
The Federal Government had banned the production and importation of cough syrup containing codeine a few months ago after a report alerted on its role in drug addiction epidemic.
DSS Will Continue To Protect National Interest, Seiyefa Assures Nigerians
Controller in charge of Federal Operations Unit (FOU) ‘A’ Ikeja, Mohammed Uba, who paraded other products like Tramadol, Indian hemp and Pangolin, among others, warned smugglers to desist from the illicit trade or face the wrath of the law.
Uba explained that his men intercepted one MAN Diesel Truck with registration number XB 286 BEN along Afromedia Estate by Egbeda Junction besides Alaba International Market carrying 2,748 cartons of DSP Codeine Cough Syrup 100mg (100 per carton) and 95 cartons of Chaka Pain Xtra based on intelligence report.
He also disclosed that 49 cartons of 100mg Tramadol capsules were evacuated from a warehouse in Ajao Estate, adding that the drugs would be handed over to the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) for further investigation.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)