NAN reports that NGF Vice Chairman and Governor of Sokoto State, Aminu Tambuwal gave the advice while fielding questions from newsmen at the end of the forum meeting held on Wednesday night in Abuja.
He advised the federal lawmakers to respect the views of Nigerians on the bill.
âI am not sure I have heard any governor come out to say he is in support of death penalty for hate speech.
âI believe the National Assembly should hold a public hearing on that bill, so that due process of lawmaking is followed, so that the views of Nigerians not just the governors will be well captured on that bill.
âThey should respect the views of Nigerians in whatever may be the direction of debate and the eventual passage or otherwise of that bill,â Tambuwal said.
Asked of the governorsâ position on the Finance Bill submitted to the NASS by President Muhammadu Buhari to increase Value Added Tax (VAT) from five to 7.5. per cent, Tambuwal appealed to Nigerians to show more understanding with the Federal Government,â he said.
He added that the governors were in support of what would improve the revenue generation drive of both the federal and state governments.
âWe are appealing to those who probably have no proper understanding of the context of those bill to kindly have a rethink of them and reflect on quantum of work ahead of us.
âAs a country and states, we need a lot of resources to turn around infrastructure, to invest in education, healthcare and every sector of our national life.
âThere is urgent need of more revenue in Nigeria. So, I appeal that we should show more understanding with the Federal Government in that regard,â he said.
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOUÂ Â
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment â3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment atÂ OyoÂ state civil service commissionÂ
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
- RECOMMENDED LINKS
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE :Â No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]