NAN reports that NGF Vice Chairman and Governor of Sokoto State, Aminu Tambuwal gave the advice while fielding questions from newsmen at the end of the forum meeting held on Wednesday night in Abuja.
He advised the federal lawmakers to respect the views of Nigerians on the bill.
“I am not sure I have heard any governor come out to say he is in support of death penalty for hate speech.
“I believe the National Assembly should hold a public hearing on that bill, so that due process of lawmaking is followed, so that the views of Nigerians not just the governors will be well captured on that bill.
“They should respect the views of Nigerians in whatever may be the direction of debate and the eventual passage or otherwise of that bill,” Tambuwal said.
Asked of the governors’ position on the Finance Bill submitted to the NASS by President Muhammadu Buhari to increase Value Added Tax (VAT) from five to 7.5. per cent, Tambuwal appealed to Nigerians to show more understanding with the Federal Government,” he said.
He added that the governors were in support of what would improve the revenue generation drive of both the federal and state governments.
“We are appealing to those who probably have no proper understanding of the context of those bill to kindly have a rethink of them and reflect on quantum of work ahead of us.
”As a country and states, we need a lot of resources to turn around infrastructure, to invest in education, healthcare and every sector of our national life.
“There is urgent need of more revenue in Nigeria. So, I appeal that we should show more understanding with the Federal Government in that regard,” he said.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Entry Level Tellers
- US Embassy Recruitment In Nigeria ( Apply Here for free )
- United Nigeria Airlines Recruitment for Baggage Handler (Entry-level)
- Ebonyi State Ministry of Trade and Investment Job Recruitment Portal – Apply Here
- Massive Recruitment at Dangote Refinery for Graduates
- LifeBank Recruitment 2021 (Apply here for free)
- Kaduna State Residents Registration Agency (KADSRRA) Massive Recruitment
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for Graduate Internship
- Current Job Openings at First Bank of Nigeria Limited
- Nigerian Breweries Plc Recruitment for Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager