The Ehime Mbano Local Government Area Divisional Police Headquarters in Imo State was razed by gunmen on Tuesday.
Unknown gunmen stormed the Owerri Correctional Centre and the Imo State Police Command headquarters the day before, freeing 1,884 inmates and destroying over 50 vehicles.
The attack occurred just hours after Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, the recently dismissed Inspector-General of Police, Muhammed Adamu, and other government officials visited the state to assess the extent of damage to the security facilities targeted.
When the gunmen arrived, they immediately released all detained suspects before torching the Police Divisional Headquarters.
According to our source, the gunmen were not met with any resistance from police officers.
“Gunmen this evening razed Ehime Mbano LGA police divisional headquarters,” a source said. When the gunmen arrived, they rescued the criminals before wreaking havoc.”
When our correspondent contacted a police spokesperson in the state, Orlando Ikeokwu, on Tuesday evening, he said he couldn’t confirm the rise.
However, a senior police officer who did not want his name published said the new development saddened the Command’s hierarchy.
Ejes Gist Nigeria reports that gunmen had between February and March razed Obowo, Abo Mbaise, Ihitte/ Uboma and Isiala Mbano Divisional Police Headquarters, killings three cops and injuring others.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Dangote Oil Refinery Recruitment for Security Operative
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Lagos State Teacher Recruitment Form 2021 is out