The Ehime Mbano Local Government Area Divisional Police Headquarters in Imo State was razed by gunmen on Tuesday.
Unknown gunmen stormed the Owerri Correctional Centre and the Imo State Police Command headquarters the day before, freeing 1,884 inmates and destroying over 50 vehicles.
The attack occurred just hours after Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, the recently dismissed Inspector-General of Police, Muhammed Adamu, and other government officials visited the state to assess the extent of damage to the security facilities targeted.
When the gunmen arrived, they immediately released all detained suspects before torching the Police Divisional Headquarters.
According to our source, the gunmen were not met with any resistance from police officers.
“Gunmen this evening razed Ehime Mbano LGA police divisional headquarters,” a source said. When the gunmen arrived, they rescued the criminals before wreaking havoc.”
When our correspondent contacted a police spokesperson in the state, Orlando Ikeokwu, on Tuesday evening, he said he couldn’t confirm the rise.
However, a senior police officer who did not want his name published said the new development saddened the Command’s hierarchy.
Ejes Gist Nigeria reports that gunmen had between February and March razed Obowo, Abo Mbaise, Ihitte/ Uboma and Isiala Mbano Divisional Police Headquarters, killings three cops and injuring others.
Pay Attention To:
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Massive Recruitment at Tecnimont Nigeria Limited
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development Internship Programme 2021
- Job Employment Opportunities at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
- Access Bank Plc Entry Level Recruitment 2021
- Kaduna State Independent Electoral Commission Recruitment for Ad-hoc Staff ( KAD SIECOM Recruitment 2021 Portal ) Apply here
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2021
- Delta State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021 for Graduate
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate