The chairman of the All Progressive Congress (APC) ward of Gboko South, Tersoo Ahu, was killed in Gboko on Sunday by gunmen.
When gunmen stormed the venue with clubs, cutlass as well as iron and manhandled him, Ahu and other APC ward excos were said to be involved in the training of party officials for membership registration and revalidation exercise.
READ ALSO : Breaking: One Beaten To Death, Properties Razed As Land Tussle Turns Bloody In Delta Community
APC Secretary of Publicity, Benue Chapter, James Orgunga, who confirmed the incident, said the ward chairman, who suffered serious injuries as a result of the attack, was later killed in a public hospital in Gboko, where he was being treated.
During the 2023 general election, the brutal killing of the APC ward chairman in Gboko, the ancestral home of the Tiv people, may not be unrelated to the alleged factions within the party.
READ ALSO : Igbos Are People We Should Never Trust”- Femi Fani Kayode Reveals What Buhari Told Him About Igbos
The Benue Command Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Kate Anene, a DSP, confirmed the incident and said the investigation had begun to arrest the suspects.
Yes, I can confirm the assault and killing of the chairman of the APC ward in Gboko. Our men rushed to the scene, but the suspects fled. We have identified them, though, and we will pick them up very soon,” said DSP Anene.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates