Gunmen Attack boat in Kula Abonnena waterways, kidnap 8.
At least eight people were kidnapped on the Kula-Abonrma river in Rivers State on their way to Port Harcourt in a passenger boat.
According to Jonah Jumbo, Rivers Chairman of the Maritime Workers Union of Nigeria (MWUN), the passengers were kidnapped by gunmen suspected of being pirates on Monday morning.
ALSO READ : Unknown Gunmen Kidnap Medical Doctor in Kogi
Five of the eight people kidnapped were members of the maritime union in Kula, Akuku-Toru Local Government Area, who were on their way to Port Harcourt for a meeting, according to Jumbo.
He pleaded with the kidnappers to release them unconditionally and urged the state government and security authorities to act quickly.
“The Kula unit and Abomema unit (of the martime workers union) were called to come to the state office here in Port Harcourt this morning for a meeting,” he added (Monday).
“We received a complaint (report) that the officials who were coning for the meeting had been kidnapped while on their way from Kula.
“All of the passengers, including three others on the boat, were taken. Nobody has heard anything from the kidnappers so far.
“As a result, we’re pleading with the general public, the government, and security services to come to our aid and figure out how to locate the kidnappers,” he stated.
When contacted, Rivers Police Command spokesman Nnamdi Omoni said he had not yet received the incident report.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021
- Lagos State Teacher Recruitment Form 2021 is out
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Dangote Group Recruitment for Accounts Payable Officer
- Ongoing Job recruitment at International Breweries Plc (Anheuser-Busch InBev)