Group Exposes Plot To Hijack Funds Meant for NDDC.
Remittance from the International Oil Companies (IOC), paid to NNPC.
A Niger Delta group, known as Ijaw Interest Advocates (IIA), has asked President Muhammadu Buhari to stop an alleged ongoing plot by some federal agencies and agents of the government to fleece the oil-rich Niger Delta region.
The group, also known as the Izanzan Intellectual Camp, in a statement by its National Coordinator, Arerebo Salaco Yerinmene and the National President, Patriotic Ijaw Youth Leaders, Sammy George, said it had information about a plot to hijack funds meant for the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC).
According to the group , a remittance from the International Oil Companies (IOC), which ought to be their statutory contribution to the funding of the NDDC, was paid to the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), which in turn directed the fund into an account held by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFFC) with a new generation bank.
It said the NDDC management had in the last six months been barred from gaining access to the IOCs’ contributions by the Presidency, following advice from security agencies.
The body, however, appealed to President Buhari to investigate the alleged plot and ensure it is aborted, warning that it will mobilise people of the region to embark on protests if nothing is done.
It said disrupting oil and gas exploitation and production activities would also become an option.
# Group Exposes Plot To Hijack Funds Meant for NDDC
NDDC News NDDC Probe
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- 2020 Graduate Trainee Programme at Dufil Prima Foods Plc
- LGA Coordinators at Development Alternatives Incorporated ( Nationwide)
- Federal Government Vacancies at The Federal University of Petroleum
- Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)
- National Health Insurance Scheme Recruitment 2020 ( Nationwide 16 Positions)
- Academic and Non-academic Positions at Caleb University
- Massive Recruitment at Federal University of Health Sciences Otukpo for Teaching And Non Teaching Staff
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Bank of Industry Recruitment ( Latest Jobs In Nigeria )
- Rivers State Civil Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 (60 Positions)
- Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Food Concepts Plc
- Rivers State Ministry of Education MassiveRecruitment 2020 for Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff
- Massive Recruitment at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 for Exper Graduates [ 9 Positions, 29 slots ]
- Dangote Cement Plc Recruitment 2020 for Graduates [33 Positions Over 200 Slots ]