Scene of the incident
According to a Vanguard report, perrenial gridlock took over the main carriage section of Anthony area of Lagos on Friday following a lone accident involving a petroleum tanker which fell sideways.
The incident occurred at about 2.40 pm, inward Gbagada.
The MRS tanker with unknown registration loaded with 60,000 litres of Premium Motor Spirit PMS, was said to have suffered mechanical fault on motion with the resultant effects leading to a lone accident as it fell sideways spilling its content.
The aftermath of the accident obstructed vehicular movement on the main carriageway.
However, no loss of life nor injuries sustained at the scene of the incident.
As at the time of this report, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency LASEMA, Response Team, fire services, Lagos State Traffic Management Authority LASTMA, Federal Road Safety Corps FRSC, and Officers of the Nigeria Police Force were responders at the scene working together to evacuate the accident tanker off the road to restore normalcy along the axis and prevent any secondary incident as the entire area have been cordoned off by the LRT while traffic had been diverted.
Also, the entire scene of the incident has been blanketed by LRU Fire Unit and the state Fire Service while awaiting the arrival of an empty tanker for transloading.
LASEMA Public Affairs Officer, Nosa Okunbor has confirmed the incident.
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Massive Recruitment 2020 at United Nigeria Airlines
- Federal University of Technology Owerri FUTO Recruitment 2020 For Graduates (42 Positions)
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2020 For Graduates
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources Recruitment 2020
- Benue State Recruitment 2020 for World Bank Assisted Project
- Nigerian Army 2020 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (80RRI)
- Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2020
- Massive Recruitment in a Newly Licensed Regional Commercial Bank (74 Positions) – Nextzon Business Services Limited
- Nigerian Air Force Hospital 2020/2021 Housemanship / Internship Recruitment
- Nigeria Maritime University (NMU) Academic and Non-Academic Job Recruitment (38 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Nationwide DSSC & SSC Massive Recruitment (27 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Hospitals Graduate House Officers & Interns 2020 Recruitment
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
TOP TRENDING POST
MOST POPULAR JOBS
- Waec timtable august 17th
- My schoolgist waec time table 2020
- Boost sex buy boiling the pawpaw leave and the gwava
- Waec 17th august 2020 time table
- Recent waec 2020 timetable for 17th august
- 17 august 2020 weac timetable
- Waec time table starting 17th august 2020
- Waec timetable 2020 for august 17
- Wassce examination timtable 17august 2020
- Weac timetable for 17th august