The International Rescue Committee (IRC) reacts to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and assists people to endure and restore their lives. Founded in 1933 at the demand of Albert Einstein, the IRC provides lifesaving care and life-altering help to refugees required to run away from war or catastrophe. At work today in over 40 nations and 22 U.S. cities, we bring back security, self-respect and wish to millions who are rooted out and having a hard time to withstand. The IRC leads the method from damage to house.
We are hiring to fill the position listed below:
Job Title: HR Assistant
Requisition ID: req8122
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Background / IRC Summary
- The International Rescue Committee, among the world’s biggest humanitarian companies, supplies relief, rehab and post-conflict restoration assistance to victims of natural catastrophe, injustice and violent dispute in over 40 nations. The IRC is dedicated to strong management, development and innovative collaborations. Active in public health, education, incomes, ladies’s empowerment, youth advancement, and security and promo of rights, IRC helps people from damage to house.
- IRC got in Nigeria in October 2012 in action to a prevalent flood catastrophe. Since then, the IRC has actually broadened its scope and size of the programs as new locations ended up being available after extended dispute and insecurity, in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe States.
- The IRC’s action to the humanitarian circumstance consists of incorporated health and nutrition services, reproductive healthcare and ladies security services, Environmental Health, Child Protection, Economic Recovery and Development, Education and General Protection. The nation program has a 5 year method action strategy, 2015 to 2020, that is evaluated on a yearly basis. IRC’s shows in Northeast Nigeria is supported by a group of more than 650 personnel
Scope of Work:
- The HR Assistant is accountable for daily HR & administrative requirements, functions and basic workplace management of the IRC workplaces and to help the HR Team in all associated HR & Admin functions.
Specific HR Responsibilities:
- Support onboarding and combination of new hires
- Support in performance management and personnel advancement
- Support in personnel management and administration
- Conduct regular monthly orientation of new hires.
- Maintain personnel database-( timesheet, leave and other advantages)
- Assist with personnel training sessions, workshops and activities.
- Document control for all HR filing system and brochure HR products.
- Assist with payroll management.
- Support exit management
- Perform other occupational jobs as asked for by the HR lead
- Follow up on worker’s advantages; medical insurance, life insurance coverage, & social security.
Assist in Administration Management:
- Track and display IRC workplace and guesthouse administration and upkeep.
- Manage rental arrangements for workplaces and real estate.
- Assure that all centers are well working, consisting of housekeeping, workplace materials, electrical energy, repair and maintenance, web and other interactions functions in the field workplace.
- Assure correct usage and performance of workplace devices.
- Supervise cleaners and cooks.
- Track and display memberships and regular monthly telephone and Internet interactions, and ensure that all are paid on time.
- Assist in processing travel documents (visa, ticket, etc.)
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: HR Officer
- Other Internal and/or external contacts.
- External: none
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Work Experience: Approximately 0-1 year of appropriate experience
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Professional HR & Administration experience ideally with an INGO.
- Strong sense of individual stability.
- Attention to information.
- Additional qualities: capability to multitask, capability to manage pressure well, capability to improvise, versatility, cultural and ecological level of sensitivity.
- Team work abilities.
- Fluent in English and Hausa.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and certified prospects should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information / Notice
- The above job description can be customized at whenever according to modifications in the IRC activities or in the context
- Working Environment: The IRC is a team-work environment and needs an individual who will deal with associates from numerous cultural backgrounds, comprehend and add to the organization’s objectives, work well as a member of a group/team, and regard the ideas and viewpoints of others in the group.
- The IRC and IRC employees should stick to the worths and concepts detailed in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these worths, the IRC runs and imposes policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021