The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to outlive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC gives lifesaving care and life-changing help to refugees pressured to flee from conflict or catastrophe. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore security, dignity and hope to thousands and thousands who’re uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way in which from hurt to house.
We are recruiting to fill the place of:
Job Title: Finance Intern
Reference No.: req11398
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
- IRC has been current in Nigeria since 2012 when the organization responded to flooding in Kogi state. In early 2014, IRC opened a subject workplace in Mubi city of Adamawa state in NE Nigeria adopted by places of work in Yola (Adamawa state) in November 2014 and Maiduguri (Borno state) in October 2015.
- The IRC Nigeria nation program is implementing multi-sectoral interventions within the sectors of: Health and Nutrition; Environmental Health; Child Protection; Education; Women’s Protection and Empowerment; Food Security and Livelihoods and Protection. Most of those packages are pushed in partnership with strategic native NGOs.
Scope of Work:
- The Intern reports to the Finance Manager Yobe.
- She/he helps the Finance Assistant/Office in facets of each day operations of the accounting division within the Yobe Field workplace.
- Assist the finance assistant when making funds to suppliers, contractors and program workers primarily based on authorised paperwork and according to authority delineation.
- Assist the finance assistant in guarantee scrutiny of your complete invoice for accuracy and receipt of products earlier than course of for cost.
- Assist the finance Assistant on correct documentation, Stamping, Labelling and submitting of all monetary paperwork.
- Assist the finance workplace on compiling assist paperwork for audit functions and retuning again to their authentic location of the audit train.
- Help finance unit in transferring paperwork within the workplace system for approval functions
- With the steering of the finance Assistant/officer Scan any Finance Document earlier than sending it to the nation workplace for month closing.
- Assist the finance officer on documentation, preparation of money disbursement voucher for all money transactions associated to Maiduguri subject workplace.
- Ensure all transactions are in compliance with IRC accounting coverage, Donor restriction and usually accepted accounting ideas.
- Maintain confidentiality of all monetary and different job associated data.
- Attend and take part in trainings recognized/organized by your supervisor
- Follow any new procedures and pointers designated in circulars from Country Director
- Report any violations of the IRC Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Code of Conduct (in-country and World-wide) as per the IRC reporting mechanism. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the a part of all workers members
- Assist the place obligatory in endeavor actions that intention to forestall the prevalence of sexual abuse and exploitation of refugees by IRC and different humanitarian employees.
- Perform different duties as could also be assigned by your supervisor
- Diploma in Accounts or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from acknowledged College/Institutions.
- A minimal of 1 (1) year of accounting expertise together with NYSC service year. Computer literate with vital data/expertise in excel
- Work Experience: earlier expertise in comparable position is an added benefit.
- Able to work in a excessive stress state of affairs,
- Ability to independently arrange work, prioritize process and handle time.
- Strong inter-personal abilities, and open to be taught new abilities
- Self-motivated, trustworthy, extremely accountable and punctual
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities, fluent in written and spoken English.
Note: Female certified candidates are strongly inspired to use.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Strong knowledge assortment, evaluation, and report writing abilities required;
- Experience in report writing, knowledge assortment and evaluation;
- Must have good verbal communication abilities in native languages and dealing data of English Hausa and Fulfulde
- Demonstration of excellent presentation abilities will likely be an added benefit
- A powerful group participant with glorious interpersonal abilities and the power to work with teams of numerous backgrounds.
- MUST have the ability to talk and write in English, Hausa, Fulfulde and Kanuri
- Describe the work atmosphere of the workplace “Standard office work environment” will likely be relevant for many jobs within the U.S.) and if relevant, the housing. For instance, web connections, electrical energy, facilities, group housing, and many others. Include journey necessities.
- The IRC and IRC employees should adhere to the values and ideas outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces insurance policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Job Nigeria , Jobs Nigeria, Jobs in Nigeria December, Nigerian Jobs , Jobs in Nigerian , Nigeria Job , Latest Jobs in Nigeria , Hot Jobs in Nigeria
[sc_fs_job html = ‘true’ title = ‘2020 Graduate Finance Intern at International Rescue Committee ‘ title_tag = ‘h2’ valid_through = ‘2021-12-31’ employment_type = ‘FULL_TIME’ company_name = ‘International Rescue Committee ‘ same_as = ” logo_id = ” street_address = ‘Yobe State’ address_locality = ‘Yobe State’ address_region = ‘Nigeria’ postal_code = ‘234’ address_country = ‘Nigeria’ currency_code = ‘NGN’ quantitative_value = ‘85000.00-250000.00’ base_salary = ‘HOUR’ css_class = ” ] Apply for Latest internship Recruitment in Nigeria at International Rescue Committee [/sc_fs_job]
, NGO Jobs in Nigeria , NGO Nigeria Jobs , Latest Job Opportunities in Nigeria Today , Latest Job Recruitment in Nigeria Today, Latest NGO Job Vacancies in Nigeria Today , Latest Job Vacancies in Nigeria Today , NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Fresh Graduates , 2020 Graduate Finance Intern at International Rescue Committee (Yobe State)
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Kaduna State Residents Registration Agency (KADSRRA) Massive Recruitment
- LifeBank Recruitment 2021 (Apply here for free)
- US Embassy Recruitment In Nigeria ( Apply Here for free )
- Current Job Openings at First Bank of Nigeria Limited
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for Graduate Internship
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Entry Level Tellers
- Ebonyi State Ministry of Trade and Investment Job Recruitment Portal – Apply Here
- Massive Recruitment at Dangote Refinery for Graduates
- United Nigeria Airlines Recruitment for Baggage Handler (Entry-level)
- Nigerian Breweries Plc Recruitment for Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager