Governor Nyesom Wike Wins
Court Fines Promise Gogorobari, others
A Magistrates Court sitting in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, has convicted and fined the owner of demolished Prodest Hotel in Eleme, Promise Gogorobari for contravening the State Executive Order on COVID-19.
The court in it’s wisdom fined Gogorobari and Bariledum Azoroh, manager of the facility, N50,000 each.
It was gathered that Gogorobari was not present in Court. The judge ordered that Azoroh be quarantined at the isolation centre in Yakubu Gowon Stadium, Elekahia, for 14 days, to ascertain his coronavirus status.
Rita Oguguo, Senior Magistrate, who delivered the judgement on Monday, ruled that the accused persons violated paragraph 3 and 4 of governor Nyesom Wike’s Executive Order number 7.
Before the ruling, Azoroh had insisted on seeing his counsel, Godwin Awi, who was absent in court due to his inability to get a pass that will grant him access in court, because of the continued lockdown of Port Harcourt and Obio-Akpor council areas.
Azoroh lamented that in spite of his plea to get his counsel to defend him, the court went ahead to convict him. He said: “With what has happened, it is clear that there are other underlying issues that probably we do not know,” he was quoted as telling journalists after the judgment.
“I do not agree with everything that has transpired today in line with the fact that the Constitution is clear as to the issue of right to counsel, adequate time and facility for an accused person standing trial to defend himself.”
People Search Google for
rivers state news
rivers state news on lockdown
rivers state news today
rivers state news update
rivers state news today on lockdown
rivers state news now
rivers state news on teachers recruitment
rivers state news today update
rivers state news papers
rivers state news live
Governor Nyesom Wike Wins
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Edo State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021
- Dangote Cement Recruitment for Graduate
- Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non-Academic Staff
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State