Nyesom Wike, the governor of Rivers State has promised to give N30 million to anyone who gives useful information that will lead to the arrest of those who killed a Director with the Rivers State Government during the Choba crisis as well as the capture of notorious criminal called Bobrisky in Gokana Local Government Area.
Wike made the pledge on Thursday, August 8th when he handed over 40 Patrol Vans fitted with Communication Gadgets to Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad (FSARS), See 4 Eye, Police Anti-Kidnapping, Police Anti-Cultism, Federal Road Safety Corps and Eagle Crime at the Government House Port Harcourt.
He also declared that the state government was fully prepared to tackle insecurity and would do everything required to protect lives and property, declaring that the state government had proscribed all youth groups operating in the state because they had been hijacked by cultists.
“Rivers State Government is fully prepared and will do everything required to protect lives and property. Without the protection of lives and property, there will be no governance and development.
“We are one State that has suffered neglect from the Federal Government in terms of support to fight insecurity. They have refused to pay back funds that we used in constructing Federal projects. But that will not stop us from intervening when the need arises”, he said.
ALSO READ: Body of missing 4-year-old girl found in pit toilet
The Governor said that he resolved to increase the support to the security agencies because of the successes recorded by Operation Sting. He regretted that cultists had taken over youth groups across the State, necessitating the state government proscribing all youth Ggroups.
“Anybody operating under a youth body henceforth will be arrested by security agencies. Before you contest for any youth body’s leadership, you must send the names to the DSS and Police for screening. If they are cultists, we will not allow them to operate,” he said.
Wike said that the vehicles and gunboats donated to the security agencies must be deployed to secure Rivers State. He announced that the Rivers State Government would establish a Trust Fund to cater for the families of policemen who lose their lives while fighting crime.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)