Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State has reacted to the Court of Appeal judgement which upheld the petition of All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship candidate Adebayo Adelabu, but neither sacked him nor ordered a rerun election.
Adelabu headed to the appeal court after the tribunal struck out his petition on grounds of testimonies launched by his camp not having ample info to be relied on.
On Monday November 11, the Appellate Court dominated that Governor Seyi Makinde did not secure majority of lawful votes inside the election which it talked about was tainted by over-voting and failure to regulate to the provision of electoral act. Though the court did not sack him, its ruling however sparked jubilation in APC’s camp who claimed Adelabu has been declared Governor of Oyo state.
Reacting to the aftermath of the court ruling, Governor Makinde accused the All Progressives Congress of misleading most of the people.
“It is pre mature for anyone to wish that a landslide victory can just be upturned. Although, they may wish that such happens, but it won’t ever happen. The mandate was freely given to him by the good people of Oyo State,” he talked about in a statement.
“There is totally nothing to stress about as a results of, all they, the opposition are planning is already inside the public… the judiciary is credible and gained’t allow itself to be used in the direction of the necessity of the Oyo State.
“I urge you all to go about your regular companies, we gained’t be distracted in our quest to make Oyo State, a mannequin State the place good governance and management would be the order of the day.”
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
- RECOMMENDED LINKS
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]