On Sunday, Dir declared his absolute commitment to the PDP in response to a plea by Peremobowei Ebebi, a former Deputy Governor of the state, to abandon the party.
Diri, according to Ebebi, should follow the lead of other PDP governors and abandon the party, which he described as a “sinking ship.”
The Governor, on the other hand, called the appeal to dump the PDP unpleasant, provocative, and unwelcoming.
The Governor, on the other hand, expressed gratitude to the APC for recognising how well his administration is working in the state.
Mr. Kola Oredipe, Diri’s Director-General for New Media, spoke on his behalf.
According to the Governor, abandoning the PDP is political suicide.
He insisted that he was still a strong, devoted member of the party and that he had no plans to leave anytime soon.
“Ebebi must be a joker,” he said. We are all familiar with him for his numerous acts of theatrics, and this time is no exception. He admits that the Governor is performing well, implying that the PDP is on the right track; why then join a party that has pushed Nigeria back many years?”
# Governor Douye Diri Reacts to Pressure to Dump PDP for APC
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization