Sokoto government has declared Monday public holiday to mark Islamic New Year
To celebrate the start of the Islamic New Year, the Sokoto State Government declared Friday that Monday, August 1, will be a holiday.
The proclamation was made in a document that Governor Aminu Tambuwal personally signed in Sokoto.
Read Also: Photos of Sanwo-Olu’s Aide Accident Emerges
Tambuwal stated, “I now declare Monday, August 1, 2022, as a work-free day after proper consultation with the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar, on the citing of the new moon which announces the new Islamic month and year today.
Pay Attention To
- 120+ Happy New Month Messages And Wishes For August 2022
- Happy New Month of August 2022 Messages, Wishes, Prayers and Quotes for now
- Gov. Aminu Tambuwal
As a result, I implore our brethren to use the occasion to engage in solemn thought, charity, and prayer for harmony, prosperity, and sound government.
Tambuwal asked locals to remember the divine lessons of the month, which is one of the four holy months of the year during which fighting is prohibited.
He exhorted the populace to abstain from anger, resentment, restlessness, and wanton violence.
That is the latest Naija News Today on Sokoto government has declared Monday public holiday to mark Islamic New Year
Nigerian Job [Apply Now]
- Access Bank Entry Level Recruitment & Internship Job Vacancies (4 Positions)
- KDSG Teachers Recruitment of 10,000 Graduates : How to Apply, KDSG Jobs Login Portal, KDSG SUBEB News
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- FBN General Insurance Graduate Trainee Massive Recruitment