- No fewer than 4,000 unemployed graduates have been placed on N40,000 monthly salary for six months.
- The government disclosed that the latest programme was implemented through the ministry’s Graduate Internship Placement Programme (GIPP).
Ejes Gist can Authoritatively report that Government has put 4,000 unemployed graduates on an N40,000 monthly salary for six months.
Mrs Yetunde Arobieke, the Lagos State Commissioner for Wealth Creation and Jobs, confirmed this to our correspondent.
On Wednesday, Arobieke announced at the 2021 Ministerial Press Briefing in honour of Governor Bababjide Sanwo-second Olu’s year in office.
The latest growth, according to the Commissioner, was made possible by the ministry’s Graduate Internship Placement Programme (GIPP), which was created to address the problem of unemployment among unemployed graduates in Lagos State.
According to her, the six-month programme was designed to introduce interns to a specific career, occupation, or industry while also enhancing networking in the state.
Interns will have the ability to succeed and potentially learn a job with the organisation as a result of the programme, according to Arobieke, because they will be exposed to technical skills and interpersonal relationships in a formal environment.
“The GIPP is intended to assist Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) and other companies in selecting from the state’s database of groomed talent/interns to increase productivity and improve their businesses, thereby fostering economic growth at no cost through the state government’s intervention,” the Commissioner said.
”A total of 51,514 graduates applied for internships online, with over 1,932 businesses expressing interest in hiring interns after they completed their training and 4,736 applicants taking the Online Assessment Test.
”Around 1,000 applicants with a minimum score of 60% were invited to the first round of employability skills training, while 4,000 interns are expected to be paid N40,000 per month for six months.
The Lagos State Government Also Reveals Plans To Harness Agricultural Potential
”You will agree with me that the state government, led by Sanwo-Olu, is doing everything possible to address the unemployment crisis.”
During the time under study, the ministry’s Employability Department organised youth-focused programmes, including the “Mindset Re-Orientation Programme,” according to Arobieke.
She stated that the programme aimed to reorient the mentality of unemployed youths in dealing with the realities of today’s labour market, emphasising that statistics show that the number of unemployed youths seeking employment, especially white-collar jobs, far outnumbers the vacancies available.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff