Gov. Rochas Okorocha of Imo State has approached the Federal High Court, Abuja, looking for the safety of his elementary rights.
Okorocha, in elementary rights suit filed on the court, alleged that his political adversaries had been behind his present travails.
He listed as respondents within the fits, the Attorney-General of the Federation (AGF), the Inspector General of Police (IGP), the Department of State Services (DSS) the EFCC, the Independent Corrupt Practices and different associated offences Commission (ICPC), and the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT).
He accused the stated adversaries of instigating the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and different businesses towards him and members of his household.
The Imo governor additionally blamed the stated political adversaries for INEC failure to subject him with a certificates of return after being declared the winner of the final election in lmo West Senatorial District.
”Not glad with the withholding of the applicant’s certificates of return, these highly effective forces have commenced recent spate of assaults towards the applicant on the baseless allegation that he embezzled the funds belonging to Imo state authorities.
“The plan has now reached a crescendo and desperation in view of the failure of the respondents to discover something incriminating towards the applicant.
“The decision now taken is to arrest and detain the applicant as quickly as he palms over energy to the newly elected governor of Imo on May 29 and utilizing the provisions of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act, detain him indefinitely.
”This is so that trigger could also be discovered to have him faraway from his seat as a senator to which he was just lately elected.
”The plan has additionally been expanded to embody a reign of terror towards the applicant’s political, enterprise associates and relations together with his spouse and kids,” he stated.
In the suit, Okorocha stated that he had not dedicated any offence to warrant the incessant threats of arrest, detention, the harassment and terror being unleashed upon him and his household.
“It is therefore important that this court as the “Fundamental Rights Court” intervene to make sure that this abuse of energy and misfeasance in public workplace by the respondents towards the applicant is abated.
”It can be vital to make sure that the elemental rights of the applicant to be presumed harmless till proved responsible, to liberty and freedom of motion are enforced.
“Unless this court intervenes to enforce and/or secure the enforcement of the applicant’s fundamental rights to be presumed innocent until proven guilty and to freedom of movement and liberty by making the orders sought in this application, the 1st to 6th respondents will be used by the applicant’s political adversaries for the purpose of their infringement as stated above,” he added.
In a counter affidavit, nevertheless, the DSS stated it was not conscious and never a part of any plan to arrest and/or detain Okorocha over any alleged investigation.
“The DSS didn't meet with INEC in regards to the applicant and has not invited the applicant or any member of his household and/or workers for investigation.
“Where there is a course to commence any investigation whatsoever against any person including the applicant, the DSS follows legal procedures in conducting such an investigation,” it stated.
Morever, the DSS acknowledged in its counter affidavit that the applicant couldn't cease safety and legislation enforcement businesses from conducting investigations
QUICK SEARCH FOR JOBS IN YOUR FIELD
- Video: Husband , Wife Burnt beyond Recognition
- Job for Project Construction Manager ( Subgrade Earthwork) at China Geo-engineering Company - Nationwide
- Executive House Keeper, Food and Beverage Manager needy at Rovedana Limited
- Sales Supervisor at Viju Industries Nigeria Limited - Onitsha, Edo, Ondo, Ebonyi & Lagos
- Nestle Nigeria Plc Job for Factory Costing Analyst
DON’T GIVE UP HUNTING FOR JOB
HOT JOBS, RECOMMEND FOR YOU
- NIGERIA SECURITY AND CIVIL DEFENCE CORPS 2019 Massive Recruitment
- National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) Recruitment 2019
- Dangote Cement Plc, Recruitment 8th August 2019
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2019: Latest Vacancies ( 4 Slots )
- IROKO TV Partners Limited massive recruitment for Outbound Telesales Agents (500 slots )
- Edo State Government 2019 Apprenticeship Programme
- Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) recruitment for Observers in Kogi and Bayelsa States, August 2019
- Kaduna State Government 2019 Massive Recruitment for Entry-level & Exp
- Entry Level Bank Tellers recruitment in a Reputable Bank in Lagos, August 2019
- Entry Level Recruitment at UBA Bank, 1st August, 2019
- Ongoing Recruitment For Customer Service Representatives In A Renowned Commercial Bank ( Nationwide )
- Massive Recruitment at Titan Trust Bank Limited, (18 Positions )
- Julius Berger Nigeria Plc : Latest Recruitment
- First Bank of Nigeria 2019 Recruitment for 19th, July 2019 [ 8 Position ]
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOBS
JOBS BY CATEGORIES
- Abia State 11
- ABUJA FCT 35
- Adamawa State 16
- Akwa Ibom State 14
- Anambra State 12
- Apprenticeship training 3
- Banking Industry 29
- Bauchi State 9
- Bayelsa State 10
- Benue State 9
- Borno State 16
- Career Tips 7
- Construction Company 9
- Contract Job 6
- Cross River State 13
- Delta State 12
- Ebonyi State 12
- Edo State 16
- Ekiti State 11
- Engineering Jobs 15
- Entry-level Jobs 225
- Enugu State 9
- Featured 12
- FEDERAL GOVERNMENT RECRUITMENT IN NIGERIA 2
- Full time jobs 1027
- Gombe State 10
- Google AdSense know how 6
- Hotel Management/hospitality company 4
- HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE 1
- Imo State 9
- Internship Jobs 36
- Jigawa State 8
- JOB FOR SSCE 64
- Jobs and Recruitment 1512
- Jobs for LEGAL/Law 6
- Jobs in Education 10
- JOBS IN NORTHERN NIGERIA 127
- JOBS IN SOUTH EAST 94
- JOBS IN SOUTH SOUTH 137
- JOBS IN SOUTH WEST 292
- Jos 7
- Kaduna State 15
- Kano State 10
- Katsina State 9
- Kebbi State 9
- Kogi State 11
- Kwara State 12
- Lagos State 146
- Management and Logistics Company 7
- Manager jobs 7
- Manufacturing Industry 8
- Marketing Jobs 2
- Medical /Health 13
- MSC/MS / PHD 52
- Nasarawa State 8
- NCE/OND/HND/BSC 1111
- NGO / Community Services 2
- Nigeria Election 2
- Ogun State 15
- Oil and Gas Company 27
- Ondo State 11
- Osun State 10
- Oyo State 13
- Part Time Jobs 8
- PASS QUESTIONS 1
- Plateau 7
- Rivers State 26
- SCHOLARSHIP Jobs 6
- Sokoto State 9
- Taraba State 9
- Yobe State 9
- Zamfara State 9