Google just isn’t a traditional firm, and we don’t intend to turn out to be one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most profitable organizations – a deal with innovation and sensible enterprise practices involves thoughts – however whilst we proceed to develop, we’re dedicated to retaining a small-company really feel. At Google, we all know that each worker has one thing essential to say, and that each worker is integral to our success. We present individually-tailored compensation packages that may be comprised of aggressive wage, bonus, and fairness elements, together with the chance to earn additional monetary bonuses and rewards.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant place under:
The Job : Public Policy & Government Relations Manager (English, French)
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
As a member of Google’s Government Affairs and Public Policy group, you’ll be a part of a various international authorities affairs group, working throughout areas, product areas, and features. You’ll mix creativity and mental rigor with the organizational expertise to handle numerous campaigns, initiatives and initiatives. In this function, you’ll advocate for Google to carry exterior views again into the corporate to tell our notion and path. You’re passionate in regards to the alternative to form the way forward for how we use and construct know-how for everybody.
As a Public Policy and Government Relations Manager, you’ll mix creativity and mental rigor with the organizational expertise to handle completely different campaigns and initiatives. You’ll apply your expertise to real-world situations, serving to form the way forward for Internet and cell coverage.
As a member of Google’s Public Policy group in Sub-saharan Africa, you’ll assist form numerous product and situation agendas with coverage makers inside and out of doors authorities. You will assist advise our inner groups on the general public coverage implications of their merchandise, contributing expertise working with or in authorities, politics, or a regulatory company in addition to a capability to understand complicated technical and coverage points. You may even characterize Google externally with authorities, regulators and third-parties and handle our native public coverage technique and campaigns, working with a cross-functional group of Google staff in Africa and with a closely-coordinated international Public Policy group.
Google takes its obligations critically, together with participating with authorities and different stakeholders on essential public coverage challenges. The Government Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) group leads the corporate’s engagement with government department officers, legislators, regulators and third-parties within the formation of public coverage. Working carefully with Google leaders, GAPP seeks to establish key coverage points, hear fastidiously to others’ views and opinions, and distill and share the corporate’s perspective on these points with exterior stakeholders. While we deal with challenges affecting the web, our situation areas are more and more broad and embody many areas the place public coverage, enterprise, and know-how intersect.
- Develop and lead public coverage campaigns throughout the total vary of coverage areas that affect Google and the online (e.g., know-how innovation, free expression, entry, privateness, mental property, and copyright).
- Engage instantly with politicians and policy-makers.
- Engage governments and different stakeholders, significantly on problems with regional relevance.
- Travel inside the area.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equal sensible expertise.
- Experience working with or in authorities, politics, or a regulatory company.
- Ability to talk and write in French and English fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience in coverage associated to financial and digital progress, the affect of web, and know-how on society and financial system.
- Knowledge of the tech sector or the important thing points impacting the online (e.g., financial progress, mental property, innovation and entrepreneurship coverage, on-line security media coverage, free expression).
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural surroundings and handle initiatives and relationships in a number of international locations.
- Ability to handle complicated technical and coverage points.
- Excellent private, political, analytical and organizational expertise.
Application Closing Date
How To Apply
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer