Former President Goodluck Jonathan in his speech at the 17th convocation of Igbinedion University Okada, where he was conferred with the honorary degree of doctor of science, alleged that African politicians are now staging civilian coups.
The former President stated that these politicians are now replacing military coup with civilian coup because they want to own an office.
Jonathan backed his claim with the violence witnessed during the governorship elections in his home state Bayelsa and in Kogi state where a woman was burnt alive in her house.
“Let me plead with my fellow politicians, they should stop killing the people, destroying properties because people want to own office,” he said.
“What happened in the last governorship elections in my state, Bayelsa and Kogi state, especially in Kogi state where a woman was burnt alive in her house, is something that should not happen in any normal society. Something is fundamentally wrong with our political system.
“Only yesterday (Friday) in one African country, we were discussing the politics of our continent…most of us former heads of state, presidents, former presidents and vice presidents. The way African politics is going, we are replacing military coup with civilian coup and that cannot sustain the continent.”
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- National Identity Management Commission NIMC Recruitment 2020 (19 Positions)
- Fidelity Bank Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]