A Federal High Court in Port Harcourt has held that the University of Port Harcourt and its management were wrong by refusing to mobilize some students for their compulsory National Youths Service Corps, NYSC Programme.
The Court also held that continuous withholding of the Certificate of the aggrieved students was an infringement and an act of hostility.
Presiding Judge, Justice Hilary Oshomah in a lengthy judgement delivered today justified that the students participated in the 2015/2016 academic session, wrote exams, participated in the 2017 convocation ceremony and admitted into the alumni association of UNIPORT after paying all their necessary dues.
He said asking the students to repeat their final year class after writing and passing the 2015/2016 academic sessions, was inconsistent with university policy and against the Law.
Justice Oshomah also faulted UNIPORT, saying the institution extorted the students by leading them to pay all necessary fees and participate in the university activities without any hindrance.
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)