The Federal Government has approved N13.3 billion for the take-off of Community Policing initiative across Nigeria as the country seeks to tackle its security challenges.
The approval was disclosed by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo during a virtual meeting of the National Economic Council (NEC) on Thursday.
“As part of measures adopted to consolidate efforts aimed at containing the security situation in the country, the Federal Government has approved the sum of N13.3 billion for the take-off of Community Policing initiative across the country,” a statement by Laolu Akande, media aide to Osinbajo read.
It explained that during the meeting, it was resolved that “the Chairman of the Nigerian Governors Forum, with two other governors, meet with the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, the Finance Minister and the Inspector General of Police to coordinate the proper utilization of the funding of the initiative.”
In its report to the Council, the National Economic Council (NEC) Ad-hoc Committee on Security and Policing, had noted that engagement with stakeholders on the operationalization of community policing in the country was still on.
Source : Channels Tv
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer