Getting killed by kidnappers is a sure way of going to paradise.
– A Muslim cleric in the country has urged Muslims not to pay ransom to kidnappers.
– The cleric, who is also the deputy chief Imam of the National Mosque, claims that in Islam, paying ransom to criminals is forbidden.
Professor Ibrahim Maqari, an Islamic cleric and deputy chief Imam of Abuja’s National Mosque, has claimed that Islam forbids Muslims from paying money as ransom to enemies with whom they are at war.
Professor Maqari made the remark during this year’s Ramadan tafsir, which was broadcast live on Monday, May 3 in Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory.
“Since Allah has forbidden the payment of money to an enemy who is at war with you, in order not to empower them to continue to fight you, then contributing money as ransom for the release of kidnapped persons, is haram (prohibited).”
The cleric went further to say, “applying the Islamic provisions can effectively address the challenges of kidnapping currently affecting society.
ALSO READ : Bandits Wants Money , Give them and Stop Fighting Insecurity Wrongly – Sheikh Gumi Attacks President Buhari
He said: “But as long as people will continue to give a ransom to secure the release of their loved ones, the recipients of the money will continue to use it to acquire more arms that they will use to perpetrate their atrocity and promote it as a business.”
He added that another implication of submitting to kidnappers’ demands is that the vice will grow and be hard for security agents to handle.
He posited: “So the best way of stopping it is for the criminal to know that if he kidnaps someone, he can choose to chop his body into pieces but he will not get what he wants.”
He, therefore, advised Muslims that getting killed by kidnappers is a sure way of going to paradise.
Pay Attention To:
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate
- Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development Internship Programme 2021
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2021
- Job Employment Opportunities at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
- Massive Recruitment at Tecnimont Nigeria Limited
- Delta State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021 for Graduate
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Kaduna State Independent Electoral Commission Recruitment for Ad-hoc Staff ( KAD SIECOM Recruitment 2021 Portal ) Apply here
- Access Bank Plc Entry Level Recruitment 2021