Gender and Social Inclusion (GESI) Specialist at Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI)
Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is a world growth firm. For greater than 45 years, now we have labored on the frontlines of worldwide growth, tackling elementary social and financial growth issues attributable to inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering outcomes that matter in some 80 international locations.
Our growth options flip concepts into impression by bringing collectively recent combos of experience and innovation throughout a number of disciplines. Our purchasers embody worldwide growth businesses, worldwide lending establishments, personal companies and philanthropies, and nationwide governments.
We are recruiting to fill the place under:
Job Title: Gender and Social Inclusion (GESI) Specialist
Locations: Ebonyi, Gombe, Sokoto
Start date: December 2020 – August 6, 2025
The objective of the five-year (2020-2025) “State Accountability, Transparency and Effectiveness” (“State2State”) Activity is to extend the accountability, transparency and effectiveness of chosen states and native governments (LGAs) in Nigeria. This might be achieved by: strengthening governance methods (with a deal with public monetary administration [PFM] and procurement, in addition to monitoring and analysis) associated to the supply of companies in key sectors (primary training, major well being care, and water, sanitation and hygiene [WASH]); growing authorities responsiveness to citizen wants and priorities; and enhancing authorities and civil society capability to handle battle (by work on prevention, mitigation and reconciliation with the identical sectoral companions, not stand-alone help to the police or judiciary). State2State will obtain this objective by facilitating the strengthening of subnational governance methods in a sustainable method, supporting the efforts of native reformers and constructing on locally-derived options together with, to the extent attainable, reforms already working in different components of Nigeria.
- The GESI Specialists will help the design and implementation of GESI advocacy, integration, and engagement actions in chosen States.
ALSO CHECK : Job Recruitment for Medical Coordinator at Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
- The GESI Specialists will collaborate with the GESI Advisor and companion organizations to make sure integration of GESI interventions into state-level program actions. Using gender institutionalization strategies, GESI Specialists will collaborate on GESI assessments, exercise design, and implementation.
- S/he might be liable for integrating gender-based indicators into packages throughout key sectors. S/he might be concerned in guiding state-level Transformation Committees (TCs) in designing and operationalizing gender plans. GESI Specialists will discover tips on how to broaden ladies’s participation in TCs and will contribute to gender dimensions for every sector during which the undertaking works. S/he’ll contribute to measuring gender-related TC reform impacts.
- They will assist states entry and translate Nigeria’s newest reform information to suit native situations. S/he might be liable for gathering and sharing capacities and information with the GESI Advisor and with friends in different states.
- S/he’ll contribute to program actions comparable to gender budgeting coaching for finance ministries and civil society organizations (CSOs), and strengthening mechanisms for ladies’s participation in funds, service supply, and coverage choices at the state and native authorities ranges. GESI Specialists will help companion establishments and CSOs to review the impression of governance and service reforms on ladies.
- They will construct the talents of ladies’s teams to contribute to native authorities actions, present suggestions, and monitor follow-up.
- The GESI Specialists will report back to the State Leads (Ebonyi, Gombe, Sokoto), and coordinate carefully with the GESI Advisor in the primary undertaking workplace in Bauchi.
- A related degree in social sciences, gender research, growth research, or related area required. Master’s degree preferable.
- Demonstrable expertise in integrating gender into governance packages
- Strong talent set in reporting, monitoring and analysis
- Excellent written and oral communication expertise
- Computer literacy in phrase processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software program (Microsoft Office)
- Fluency in English, Hausa and/or different native languages is required
- At least 5 (5) years of demonstrated expertise in designing acceptable interventions to fulfill undertaking objectives in aiding ladies and the deprived
- Stated expertise in working for or with civil society to drive a reform agenda
- Demonstrated efficient coaching, capability constructing and teaching expertise, networking, interpersonal expertise, artistic downside fixing, battle, and moral administration expertise.
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] utilizing the “Job Title” as the topic of the e-mail.
- Please checklist the title of the place and location you’re making use of for within the topic line of your electronic mail.
- Women, people with disabilities and younger people are inspired to use
Application Deadline 4th December, 2020.
Job Nigeria , Jobs Nigeria , Nigerian Jobs , Jobs in Nigerian , Nigeria Job , Latest Jobs in Nigeria , Hot Jobs in Nigeria , NGO Jobs in Nigeria , NGO Nigeria Jobs ngo jobs in nigeria for fresh graduates
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- 2020 Graduate Trainee Programme at Dufil Prima Foods Plc
- LGA Coordinators at Development Alternatives Incorporated ( Nationwide)
- Federal Government Vacancies at The Federal University of Petroleum
- Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)
- National Health Insurance Scheme Recruitment 2020 ( Nationwide 16 Positions)
- Academic and Non-academic Positions at Caleb University
- Massive Recruitment at Federal University of Health Sciences Otukpo for Teaching And Non Teaching Staff
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Bank of Industry Recruitment ( Latest Jobs In Nigeria )
- Rivers State Civil Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 (60 Positions)
- Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Food Concepts Plc
- Rivers State Ministry of Education MassiveRecruitment 2020 for Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff
- Massive Recruitment at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 for Exper Graduates [ 9 Positions, 29 slots ]
- Dangote Cement Plc Recruitment 2020 for Graduates [33 Positions Over 200 Slots ]