Oxfam is a worldwide motion of people working collectively to finish the injustice of poverty. Together we save, shield and rebuild lives. And we gained’t cease till each particular person on the planet can defeat poverty or any kind of inequality or discrimination.
We are a global confederation of 19 organizations (associates) working along with companions and native communities within the areas of humanitarian, improvement, and campaigning, in additional than 90 international locations. All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness.
We are recruiting to fill the place of:
Job Title: Gender and Livelihood Officer
Req ID: 7670
Internal Job Grade: D1
Contract Type: 1 Year Fixed Term
Reporting to: Project Manager
Staff Reporting to this put up: None
Key Relationship/interactions: Other Project officers, gender coordinator, PMMU employees
- To construct the resilience of small scale farmers, fishermen, and livestock house owners (girls, youth, and weak households) within the commodity worth chain and rural enterprise.
- To guarantee gender concerns, girls empowerment kinds an built-in core of the PROSELL implementation.
- To additionally present technical experience on gender & livelihood programming and different associated features to enhance the livelihoods of ladies and males small scale farmers, fishermen/girls, and livestock house owners in Taraba State.
- Provide recommendation and help to the Project Manager and the Technical Officers working throughout the respective area workplaces within the implementation of the important thing gender parts throughout the PROSELL Project.
- Represent PROSELL venture in gender-related conferences and consultations which are related and would add worth to venture implementation.
- Assist within the improvement of case research, best practices, and key studying on gender mainstreaming and integration into PROSELL venture together with producing success tales associated to venture and venture developments as they relate to gender equality points to feed into the linking and studying targets of Oxfam.
- Aid in knowledge assortment, compiling classes realized, establishing indicators to help data sharing. Support in updating and sharing with employees latest developments and data instruments within the areas of interventions.
- Analyse and guarantee interventions are gender-sensitive and consider problems with inclusion of usually socially excluded teams.
- Provide common transient updates on the event of gender-related points within the venture areas.
- Ensure common and complete monitoring for reporting on the gender-related indicators within the venture areas in session with the Project Manager and consistent with donor necessities.
- Provide technical help to the venture group to make sure gender mainstreaming in all actions consistent with the venture’s gender technique.
- Provide specialist recommendation on gender-sensitive planning and mainstreaming to all Project officers and different employees.
- Support, coach, mentor, and advise Partners’ technical employees to implement and mainstream gender into venture actions.
- Liaise with venture companions and different stakeholders within the venture location to facilitate and improve contribution in the direction of the implementation of the gender equality agenda.
- Support advocacy actions on gender issues to key stakeholders in collaboration with companions and different curiosity teams which are related to the PROSELL venture
- Improve networking and coordination with key stakeholders to make sure the promotion of gender equality within the venture areas and throughout the state.
- Perform different work-related outputs as requested by the Project Manager.
- Coordinate the Livelihood part of venture improvement actions for the PROSELL venture.
- Organize and help livelihood venture actions by means of companion employees concerned within the implementation of venture actions.
- Assist the Project Manager in recruiting and line managing non-public consultants for particular short-term assignments associated to livelihood, together with facilitating the event of their work plans, monitor their fieldwork, and manage debriefing classes with consultants.
- Maintain efficient communication on the progress of the venture and guarantee venture studying in relation to Gender and Livelihood is documented for communication with a variety of inner and exterior stakeholders in session with the Project Manager.
- Organise and lead key venture improvement actions to make sure high quality planning and implementation are carried out throughout the framework of the venture.
- Ensure efficient engagement and relationship administration with venture companions, group leaders and teams, authorities establishments and different related, strategic/key sectoral actors for efficient and sustainable supply of the gender & livelihood part of the venture supply.
- Carry out periodic monitoring visits to venture companions and venture implementation websites, confirm outputs indicated in progress reports submitted to Oxfam by companions and produce venture exercise and progress reports. Support the event of reports for the donor in addition to reports for wider circulation inside Oxfam in session with Project Manager – as applicable.
- Eager and required to stick to Oxfam’s ideas and values in addition to the promotion of gender justice and girls’s rights
- Understanding of and dedication to stick to fairness, range, gender, youngster security, and employees well being and wellbeing ideas.
Job Requirements / Person specification
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Gender Studies, Law, Political Sciences, Social Sciences, venture administration or associated fields with 3 – 5 years related expertise of working in Northern Nigeria on gender associated initiatives.
- Comprehensive understanding of worldwide, regional, and nationwide authorized frameworks and insurance policies associated to advancing gender equality and selling girls’s rights.
- Ability to generate and talk gender-related info for quite a lot of audiences to boost understanding of gender integration and mainstreaming targets of the PROSELL venture
- Able to formulate written info clearly and persuasively
- Establishing efficient client relationships
- Possesses a proactive, downside fixing, and result-oriented angle.
- Good reporting and writing abilities.
- Excellent pc abilities and workplace software program packages.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Hausa language.
- Experienced in producing new concepts and approaches, researches, best practices and proposes new, simpler ways of selling gender equality in patriarchal communities and particularly in Northern Nigeria
- Working expertise in supporting improvement programmes, particularly Livelihood-related interventions – ideally throughout the NGOs sector.
- Contributes to outcomes by means of major analysis and evaluation
- Maintains a longtime community throughout the gender group in Taraba State and nationally for common info sharing and to stay up-to-date in new developments
- Knowledge and / or expertise of frequent Oxfam norms objects, requirements and instruments
- Knowledge or appreciation of Nigeria when it comes to its political, financial and social traits plus an excellent understanding of the important thing improvement and humanitarian points within the area
- Ability to reveal sensitivity to cultural variations and gender points, in addition to the dedication to equal alternatives.
- Ability to reveal an openness and willingness to be taught in regards to the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, girls’s rights, and range for all facets of improvement work.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding insurance policies to make sure all people who meet Oxfam are as protected as doable..
- Accountability – Our purpose-driven, results-focused strategy means we take accountability for our actions and maintain ourselves accountable. We consider that others should even be held accountable for his or her actions.
- Empowerment – Our strategy implies that everybody concerned with Oxfam, from our employees and supporters to people dwelling in poverty, should really feel they’ll make change occur.
- Inclusiveness – We are open to everybody and embrace range. We consider everybody has a contribution to make, no matter seen and invisible variations.
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- All gives of employment will probably be topic to passable references and could also be topic to applicable screening checks, which may embody felony information and terrorism finance checks, or integrity screenings/references regarding misconduct and disciplinary actions in prior employment.
- Due to the urgency of this emptiness, purposes will probably be reviewed as obtained and the emptiness may very well be closed sooner than the date indicated.
- Qualified Female Candidates Are Strongly Encouraged To Apply
Application Deadline 2nd December, 2020.
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- 2020 Graduate Trainee Programme at Dufil Prima Foods Plc
- LGA Coordinators at Development Alternatives Incorporated ( Nationwide)
- Federal Government Vacancies at The Federal University of Petroleum
- Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)
- National Health Insurance Scheme Recruitment 2020 ( Nationwide 16 Positions)
- Academic and Non-academic Positions at Caleb University
- Massive Recruitment at Federal University of Health Sciences Otukpo for Teaching And Non Teaching Staff
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Bank of Industry Recruitment ( Latest Jobs In Nigeria )
- Rivers State Civil Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 (60 Positions)
- Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Food Concepts Plc
- Rivers State Ministry of Education MassiveRecruitment 2020 for Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff
- Massive Recruitment at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 for Exper Graduates [ 9 Positions, 29 slots ]
- Dangote Cement Plc Recruitment 2020 for Graduates [33 Positions Over 200 Slots ]