Nollywood actress, Funke Akindele has explained why her husband celebrated his birthday which led to social gathering amidst coronavirus pandemic.
The star actress and her producer husband JJC Skillz early Sunday morning came under heavy bashing from Nigerians on social media.
The backlash that trailed the celebrity couple was due to the house party they recently held in celebration of JJC Skillz’s 43rd birthday.
In a video clip that went viral on social media, the couple were seen dancing to singer Naira Marley’s “Tesu Mole” song.
The house party was held at their home in Amen Estate, located in Ibeju-Lekki axis of The Lekki Peninsula, Lagos.
Following the video’s release, angry Nigerians called for the arrest of the actress and her husband for their breaking the rules of “social distancing” to prevent the spread of the virus.
However, in another video on Sunday afternoon, Funke explained that the people seen in the video were workers in her studio who live outside Lagos but were caught up with the lockdown when it was announced by the federal government unexpectedly.
Funke wrote on Instagram “Dear Friends, I really have to do this!! I hear you all and I acknowledge all your honest feedback. I also thank you for your concerns, well wishes and calls. I am sorry and hope this video offers some explanation. Please stay safe. And God bless. @lagosstategovt”
Pay Attention To:
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )