Ibrahim Magu, the now-suspended boss of the Economic and Finacial Crimes Commission (EFCC), has been in the eye of storms since his “DSS invitation” and detention, and now fresh reports have revealed why the embattled anti-graft agency sheriff is embroiled in a suspected corruption mess.
EJES GIST MEDIA recalls that Magu was summoned on Monday, July 6, by the operatives of the state security services, though DSS said he was not arrested but only invited for interrogation.
Peter Afunanya, the spokesperson for the Department of State Security said that the EFCC boss was invited to Aso Rock in what clarified growing media reports that Magu was apprehended over alleged illegal ownership of properties.
The EFCC boss had been earlier indicted by the attorney-general of the federation, Abubakar Malami, who also recommended his sack in a recent memo.
On Tuesday, July 7, Justice Salami-led panel, which has been sitting over Magu’s case for over three weeks, arrived at the venue of the interrogation in Abuja and it was there the fate of the EFCC boss was determined.
Ibrahim Magu: 10 major allegations against embattled EFCC boss
One of the reasons Ibrahim Magu is being persecuted is because of insubordination to the office of AGF Abubakar Malami.
Magu was reportedly suspended on Tuesday evening to allow him to face a probe of allegations of misconduct against him.
The embattled EFCC boss’ trouble did not end there. Immediately after his suspension, a combined team of riot policemen and operatives of the DSS went and searched his residences in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
It has now been revealed that Magu is being hunted because of insubordination among other top reasons.
According to reports, the anti-corruption sheriff is embroiled in controversy over these ten reasons.
1. Alleged ‘relooting’ of recovered loots’ and sale of seized assets to cronies, associates and friends.
2. Alleged favouritism towards selected EFCC investigators called the ‘Magu Boys’ for ‘juicy’ assignments.
3. Insubordination to the Office of the AGF.
4. Alleged discrepancies in the reconciliation records of the EFCC and the Federal Ministry of Finance on recovered funds.
5. Alleged leakages of investigative reports that were prejudicial to some cases to some selected media.
6. Reporting some judges to their presiding officers without deferring to the AGF.
7. Alleged declaration of N539b as recovered funds instead of N504b earlier claimed.
8. Not respecting court order to unfreeze a N7b judgment in favour of a former executive director of a bank.
9. Late action on the investigation of P&ID leading to legal disputes.
10. Not providing enough concrete evidence against some suspects including Diezani Alison-Madueke for her extradition.
Full List Of 10 Allegations That Show Why Suspended EFCC Boss Magu Is Being Persecuted
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- National Identity Management Commission NIMC Recruitment 2020 (19 Positions)
- Fidelity Bank Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]