Pierre Cardin, a French-Italian fashion designer has lost his life at the age of 98.
Cardin known for his visionary creations and also bringing stylish clothes to the masses, died at a hospital in Neuilly, west of Paris, on Tuesday at the age of 98, his family told news agency AFP.
France’s Fine Arts Academy confirmed Cardin’s death in a tweet, adding that members of the academy are “very sad.”
Cardin was born in Italy in 1922 but emigrated to France as a young child. He founded his own fashion house in 1950 after a stint with Christian Dior and built up a global business empire.
Along with Paco Rabanne and Andre Courrege, Cardin was hailed for developing the futuristic Space-Age-inspired styles that defined looks in the 1960s and 1970s.
He was also credited with bringing stylish clothes to the masses, popularizing the turtleneck sweater for men and bodysuits for women.
Cardin adopted a large-scale licensing system that ensured distribution throughout the world, putting his name on products as diverse as ties, cigarettes, perfumes, and mineral water.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Breaking News, Today News in Nigeria, Nigeria Newspaper Today, Todays Nigeria News, Latestnewsinnigeria, Naijagist, Naijaplanet , Naija News , Latest Nigerian News, Latest News in Nigeria, Nigeria News Now, News in Nigeria Today
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021