Four Nigerian have been charged with assaulting, unlafuwlly detaining a policeman in Lagos.
The three men identified as– Kujembola Olawashina, 36; Kola AfolabI, 42; Alade Adeyinka, 26, and a female, Toyin Obide, 49.
The defendants appeared before an Ikeja Magistrates’ Court on Monday on a four-count charge of conspiracy, breach of the peace, assault and obstructing police officer from performing his duty. But the defendants however, pleaded not guilty.
The Prosecutor, ASP Ezekiel Ayorinde, said, the defendants and others still at large committed the offences on Nov. 18 at Edge Base Technology, Ikeja.
He said that the defendants conducted themselves in a manner likely to cause breach of the peace by beating, obstructing and detaining a police officer attached to Area F Police Command, Ikeja, from executing his duty.
“The complainant went to the defendants’ company to arrest one of their staff who failed to honour the police invitation in a case of fraud and stealing.
“The defendants prevented the complainant from arresting the suspect.
“They beat him up and locked him inside a room.
“When the complainant was finally freed without executing his duty, he came back with his colleagues to arrest the defendants while the others escaped,” the prosecutor said.
The alleged offences contravene Sections 164, 117, 174 and 411 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Section 174 carries three years’ imprisonment for assault while Section 117 provides for three years’ imprisonment for obstructing and resisting police officer.
The Magistrate, Mrs B.O. Osunsanmi, gave the defendants bail of N200,000 each with two sureties, who should be gainfully employed and show evidence of two years’ tax payment to the Lagos State Government.
The case adjourned to February 17th 2020 (NAN)
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- National Identity Management Commission NIMC Recruitment 2020 (19 Positions)
- Fidelity Bank Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]