Jacques Joachim Yhombi Opango
A former president of the Republic of Congo, Jacques Joachim Yhombi Opango has died of coronavirus in France.
The news of his death was announced on Tuesday.
Jacques Joachim Yhombi Opango died Monday at the age of 81, according to local daily Journal de Brazza.
Opango had been ill before he contracted the virus that has claimed over 37,000 lives worldwide.
He was an army officer who became the Central African nation’s first general and served as its head of state from 1977 to 1979.
Opango also served as prime minister from 1993 to 1996. He remained in exile between 1997 and 2007.
After first appearing in Wuhan, China last December, the virus, officially known as COVID-19, has spread to at least 178 countries and territories, according to data compiled by the U.S.-based Johns Hopkins University.
More than 786,000 cases have been confirmed worldwide, with more than 166,000 recoveries.
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at 9mobile
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
- WAEC Recruitment 2021 ( West Africa Examination Council, WAEC 2021 Recruitment )
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State