Professor Dibu Ojerinde, a former Registrar and Chief Executive Officer of the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB), has been arrested by the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) for allegedly misappropriating N900 million.
READ ALSO : How $1billion For Ammunition Under Buhari Was Secretly Released, Shared Among Buratai, Other Ex-Military Chiefs – Report
Dibu Ojerinde was arrested on March 15, 2021, in Abuja, by ICPC operatives and is accused of committing various frauds while heading JAMB and the National Examination Council, according to ICPC Spokesperson Azuka Ogugua, who made the announcement on Wednesday (NECO).
The Commission has detained Dibu Ojerinde for questioning on charges of multiple identities, abuse of office, money laundering, tax evasion, and making false statements to public officials, according to Ogugua.
Aside from that, the Commission is investigating Dibu about potentially granting fraudulent contracts to untraceable shell firms.
Also check out:
Between 2013 and 2014, contracts for the supply of pencils and erasers worth N450 million each were awarded to Double 07 Concept Limited and Pristine Global Concept Limited, respectively.
APPLY FOR THESE HOT NIGERIAN JOBS
- Massive Recruitment at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Food Concepts Plc
- Latest Job Opportunities at Sahara Group
- Ongoing Recruitment in an Independent Oil Exploration and Production Company in Nigeria
- Thisday Newspapers Limited Job Recruitment for Graduate
- Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Massive Recruitment at the Adamawa State Community and Social Development Agency
Solid Figures Limited, Holywalk Limited, and other firms were reportedly given similar contracts for varying amounts.
Dibu Ojerinde is being kept on remand and will be charged in court once the investigation is completed.