Sitting in Abuja on Tuesday 26 January, the Federal High Court ordered the final forfeiture to the Federal Government of millions discovered in the bank account of the former Governor of Zamfara State, Abdulaziz Yari.
Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu ordered the funds in the accounts of various Yari-linked firms, including $56,056.75 in Polaris Bank; N12.9m, N11.2m, $301,319.99; N217,388.04 and $311,872.15 in Zenith Bank, to be forfeited by the Federal Government on the grounds that the former Governor did not show reasonable cause for the order obtained by the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Associated Offenses Commission to shoot the Federal Government.
Osuobeni Akponimisingha had two companies in the suit brought by ICPC counsel; Kayatawa Nigeria Ltd and B. T. Oil and Gas Nigeria Ltd as respondents, respectively.
In 2019, the agency also filed an ex parte petition before the same judge, Justice Taiwo Taiwo, requesting an interim forfeiture order and also arguing that the funds were the proceeds of criminal activity. The court has granted this.
- Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment For Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at the Enugu State Water Corporation
- Kwara State Civil Service Commission Massive Recruitment 2021
- Apply for Kwara State Internal Revenue Service Recruitment 2021 (KW-IRS Recruitment 2021)
- Air Peace Recruitment 2021 for Passenger Service Executives
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2021
- Recent Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Company
- Sales Executive (Foods and Beverage) at Willers Solutions Limited
- Job Openings at West Africa Container Terminal
- Current Vacancies at Prime Montessori School
- Procurement and Logistics Officer at FHI 360
- Employment Opportunities at Great Nigeria Biscuit Company Limited
- Current Job Vacancies at Deutsche Partners Holdings
- Ongoing Recruitment at IpNX Nigeria Limited
- Latest Recruitment at Marriott International