A radio presenter has confessed to collecting money from the governor and betraying #EndSARS protesters.
A Nigerian man, Kufre Carter has been termed ‘judas’ after he went behind the back of #EndSARS protesters to collect N4m from the Akwa Ibom state governor, Udom Emmanuel.
When he was called out, he denied but later confessed.
Kufre was also accused of betraying the protesters and using the money for personal pursuit.
While confessing after being exposed, he took to Facebook and wrote:
“Good evening, Ladies and gentlemen.
A lot has been said about me following the End SARS protests on Tuesday. I’ve been inundated with calls from responsible people to ask about the whereabouts of 4million naira reportedly given to me by the Governor for the Tuesday protests. The rest have resorted to online bickering and name-calling.
Well, I want to state the facts about the money categorically thus:
1. Half an hour after the governor finished addressing the protesters, I got a call from the SSA on Youth Matters to come to Eni Stores with two(2) people from the protest ground. I obliged.
2. On arrival, I was informed that His Excellency has given the sum of four(4) million naira and explained the sharing formula: (i) 2 million for “Uyo Youths” and 2 million for four (4) blocs of protest organisers(which he knew I was one of those who organised the said protest).
3. I was handed five hundred thousand nairas (500,000) with specific instructions on how to share which I disbursed accordingly to five people.
4. With this money, came a caveat that the information should be as discreet as possible and I agreed hence the reason for my initial denial which I’ve grossly regretted.
5. Two days after, I kept getting threats from even my friends asking me to produce 4m given by the governor. I kept wondering where they got the information that I received 4m when in fact I received 500,000.
6. I’ve managed to build a reputation around my name that I would rather die than let anything or anybody put a dent on it. Nobody is indispensable when it comes to protecting my name and reputation.
7. I hereby apologize to everybody who I’ve disappointed by my actions on Tuesday. This is a first for me and I’ve surely learnt my lessons. I’m sorry.
8. For the people who’ve wasted no time in throwing tantrums, I deserve it and I hold nothing against you. If anything, this incidence has proven to me that nobody cares about you. They’re only interested in what you offer them. Nobody has friends😁.
9. Once again, I’m sorry for disappointing y’all and if I went back in time, I would surely have acted differently but it’s too late for that, isn’t it?
10. To my friends who’ve been through hell defending me, and opting to listen to my side of the story, I thank you and I appreciate the goodwill.
On this note, I hereby state that I never received 4m from anybody for whatever purpose and I stand by that. Thank you
Virgin Kufre Carter
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to firstname.lastname@example.org
For Publication and Advert Booking Call +2347033247217 or email email@example.com
Guides For Jobs
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State